25 replies to this topic

#16 D4nz0

D4nz0

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S 1.6 TDCI

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:20 PM

Did my instructions help much mate? Also, I agree with the compressors comment earlier, fitting them when unit is on car is pointless and more hassle.

I'm actually really surprised you took the rear wheel off. Just jack it right up and use the weight of the alloy to help lower rear arm regardless of whether u use a mate to stand on it or use compressors for rears.

I would also recommend having a separate.scissor jack for raising the disc when refitting the droplink, reason for this is coz a lot of trolley jacks don't allow slow controlled releases, and could easily lead to !Removed! up the car if u done it wrong. Just scissor jack under the disc, being careful until you can fit drop link back on.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 Ben...

Ben...

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk 7 Fiesta Zetec-S TDCi

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:42 PM

Yer they did help mate.. Thanks for that

I agree also, just didn't know at the time and wanted to be safe rather than sorry

I took the rear wheel off because I was on my own and with the wheel off I could put weight on the hub while moving the spring in to place

#18 c_davis92

c_davis92

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Name: connor
  • Ford Model: fiesta zetec s
  • Year: 2011

Posted 29 July 2011 - 11:44 AM

eibech are a ford approved company so it shouldnt affect the warrenty... but does this also apply for coilovers or is it a completely different story??

#19 D4nz0

D4nz0

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S 1.6 TDCI

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:30 PM

eibech are a ford approved company so it shouldnt affect the warrenty... but does this also apply for coilovers or is it a completely different story??

The fact is, if you fit them yourself, you void your warranty. You need an Eibach Approved fitter to keep your warranty intact. Namely a Ford garage.

#20 ONETrueSaturday

ONETrueSaturday

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • Name: Darrell
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.6 Zetec S 120Bhp
  • Year: 2009

Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:37 PM

Well in on the guide mate. However I might get it fitted by a pro as Im no car expert.

#21 Dorfer

Dorfer

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Name: Bryan
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec TDCI
  • Year: 2007

Posted 30 July 2011 - 12:57 PM

Wow, fantastic guide. I am a complete rookie at car mods and have been blasting this forum with silly questions lol but this guide (WITH PICTURES :)) is amazing.

I mybe just give it a go on my mk6

#22 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 5,051 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:59 PM

Wow, fantastic guide. I am a complete rookie at car mods and have been blasting this forum with silly questions lol but this guide (WITH PICTURES :)) is amazing.

I mybe just give it a go on my mk6

IIRC the front setup is a bit different on the mk6. on the mk7 the struts are bolted to the steering knuckle but on the mk6 they are fitted into the steering knuckle. bit more of a PITA on the mk6 but still quite easy, especially if you open up the split where the pinch bolt goes through to clamp the strut, there are a few tools out there for doing this but a chisel usually works.

#23 sambooka

sambooka

Sam Oglesby

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • Name: sam
  • Ford Model: mk7 fiesta tdci zetec s
  • Year: 2011

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:10 PM

i take it if you get this done by ford or approved dealer then you warranty is still valid then. i only ask because i have a year and a half remaining on mine and im itching to start modding it

#24 iNath

iNath

ST-2 Mod

• Super Mod
  • 3,610 posts
  • Name: Nathan
  • Ford Model: Molten Orange Fiesta ST-2
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:28 PM

i take it if you get this done by ford or approved dealer then you warranty is still valid then. i only ask because i have a year and a half remaining on mine and im itching to start modding it

Correct :)

#25 William Crossey

William Crossey

• Members via FB
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:31 PM

as a qulified ford tech and for safety concerns i dont recomend using spiral spring clamps of that nature as ive seen first hand them slipping off and putting a man in hospital for near 2 years because the spring hit him up the face. secondly i dont reccomend fitting lowering springs without lowered shocks as when the rear axel drops to full relaise the spring can jump out of the spring seats and then the wheel pushes through the top of the arch,also ford only warrents a car that has the matching lowered/shortened shocks fitted at the same time,doesnt have to be ford fits them but a qulified ford tech can fit them outside of a ford garage too. brake and suspension mods should not be atempted by somone that has not enough experiance as at the end of the day life is worth more than damage.

#26 glen40

glen40

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: david
  • Ford Model: fiesta style
  • Year: 2006

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:38 PM

Hi

The instructions in this thread are great but is anyone able to help with removal of Mk6 Fiesta Coils Springs (06 reg).  My daughter's car is up for sale and last week when somebody came to see it, it was fine, however on Saturday when someone else was due to come and see it I went to move it on the drive and the near side coil had snapped.  As I am unable to drive it to a garage I need to replace the spring and was looking for a guide.  As we are selling the car do not wish to get a Haynes manual and wondered if anyone can help with which bolt to undo at the bottom.  I have undone the strut bolts in the engine bay, undone the drop link and could now do with some direction on which bolt to undo attaching the shock to the hub.  It is different from the one shown in the guide and could do with some advice.

I have undone the bolt going through the shock which has  an allen key head on the other side.  How do I get this bolt out, do I just hit s**t out of it or is there a simpler way, have I actually undone the right bolt.  Once this is loose will the shock and spring just drop down or is there a bit of manoeuvring to do with it.  I have some spring compressors to get the new spring onto the strut.

Any help would be appreciated

many thanks

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users