Photo

Slight Shudder When Braking And Clutch In!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,337 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:39 PM

Thanks, is this also the reason why I see the engine bay vibrating quite badly with air conditioning etc running, when you turn all these off the engines not vibrating as much. You can feel it a little in the car but only at idle or just above.

I believe this is related, but not sure about this

(sorry for the thread hijack btw)

basically the foci was set up for emissions the rest was an after thought if the engine was to be set to run at 830 rpm this wouldnt happen but it cant be set to do that unfortunately as it effects the emissions but yeah the aircon puts strain on the engine at idle its just one more thing that the engines powering and turning while bouncing the rpm up and down to keep the emissions low . the icv valve etc will keep the rpm between 670/760 but the engine and battery struggle as you put more and more load via the electrics if you took it to ford i gaurantee you would pay for diagnostics and be told everything is running fine. yoiu drive at say 60 then slow and stop for a split second the revs dip as the ecu tries to find the right parameters happens on the mondeos as well though most newer fords they seem to have ironed that issue out

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 johnS

johnS

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6L MK1.5
  • Year: 2004

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:41 PM

basically the foci was set up for emissions the rest was an after thought if the engine was to be set to run at 830 rpm this wouldnt happen but it cant be set to do that unfortunately as it effects the emissions but yeah the aircon puts strain on the engine at idle its just one more thing that the engines powering and turning while bouncing the rpm up and down to keep the emissions low . the icv valve etc will keep the rpm between 670/760 but the engine and battery struggle as you put more and more load via the electrics if you took it to ford i gaurantee you would pay for diagnostics and be told everything is running fine. yoiu drive at say 60 then slow and stop for a split second the revs dip as the ecu tries to find the right parameters happens on the mondeos as well though most newer fords they seem to have ironed that issue out

I see, yeah i've noticed the idle goes upto around 830rpm with a/c on, and around 750 with no load

doesnt explain the vibrations, though?

Thanks

#18 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,337 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:14 PM

I see, yeah i've noticed the idle goes upto around 830rpm with a/c on, and around 750 with no load

doesnt explain the vibrations, though?

Thanks

without seeing it its hard to say if its normal it could be an engine mount as they are fluid filled causing the shake or its just the load on the engine causing it

#19 johnS

johnS

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6L MK1.5
  • Year: 2004

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:25 PM

without seeing it its hard to say if its normal it could be an engine mount as they are fluid filled causing the shake or its just the load on the engine causing it

Thanks

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users