Do Not Sell My Personal Information

60 Plate Mondeo Stereo

Jai

Hopefully somebody here has had the following issue with the stereos what I'm having and can help. Basically driving back from Windsor yesterday to Birmingham and all of a sudden my bluetooth and USB don't respond this was after I had stopped off at the petrol pump on the way. Everything else works - SatNav / Radio / CD/MP3 Traffic but just not these 2 issues. Once I got home plugged my USB into my computer and the songs that I had on there was still there.

Everytime I click on CD/Aux to switch from the CD to the 'other devices' the display shows AUX - normally there is an option that says 'devices' and you can choose from 3 which device you want to play but even that does not come up

Everytime I click on phone it goes to "MUTE" nothing and again no other option on the display to try and connect my phone (which was previously connected).

theres probably a software update, take it to a dealer

I had a similar problem on my 2006 Mondy. I found instructions somewhere on here about where the bluetooth module is. I had to remove the plastic trim in the drivers side footwell so that I could gain access behind the console housing the aircon switches etc. If you take this panel off and then look towards the front (ie towards front of car or nearer the clutch pedal side - you might see a thick cable which runs along and then disappears inside. This cable leads to the module - quite a large device (about 4inches long by 3 inches or so) with a white connector.

I pulled out the module which was connected to the car by a sturdy metal clasp (took some pulling - beware sharp edges of chassis, I cut my hand when it suddenly released itself). Unplug the connector for 15 mins and then re-attach the connector and try it before remounting the module into the car.

It should work then... if so - re-mount the dash trim and hey presto. If no joy... a software upgrade may be needed!

Paul

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club