Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Location Of The Aircon Gas Tank?

Drazha

Well my cold air is not so cold. I have the LX trim version, so I am not even sure if it has the proper A/C or not. I wanted to check if there is a gas container on my car so that I can go buy a refill pack from Halfords and see if that helps (maybe identify a leak?). However, I cant find the container, so I was hoping someone could point me to the right direction (pun intended).

BR//D

Well my cold air is not so cold. I have the LX trim version, so I am not even sure if it has the proper A/C or not. I wanted to check if there is a gas container on my car so that I can go buy a refill pack from Halfords and see if that helps (maybe identify a leak?). However, I cant find the container, so I was hoping someone could point me to the right direction (pun intended).

BR//D

Go to this thread I started Air Con Stopped Working scroll to nearly the bottom of the page, see second from last photo.

If you ain't got one of those just to the right of the OFFSIDE headlight unit, you ain't got air con, if you have ............. :)

Air con and Cruise on an LX......I dunno. Try looking it up on that specifications link in my sig if you can be bothered...I can't :rolleyes:

Go to this thread I started Air Con Stopped Working scroll to nearly the bottom of the page, see second from last photo.

If you ain't got one of those just to the right of the OFFSIDE headlight unit, you ain't got air con, if you have ............. :)

Air con and Cruise on an LX......I dunno. Try looking it up on that specifications link in my sig if you can be bothered...I can't :rolleyes:

Actually I spent the last half hour reading that instead of doing my work. When you say offside: you mean the passanger side? (Given the car is a right side steering wheel, and the passanger is on the left, that would translate/calculate to the left side of the car?) Might explain it all cause I was looking on the right side of the car after watching some US youtubes...

I know its an LX, but it seems to come with a lot of extras: it even has the windshield heaters!? Wow-wow-woozby!

Are you sure someone didnt just buy a titanium and feared that it may be robbed where they lived so "down badged" it to an LX for "safety"? lol...

Well, I'm standing in front of the bonnet dead centre, looking into the engine bay. And there it is on my left hand side.

But lets be fair about this, left or right hand side, I reckon even an Irish Lad would clock that if it was there. I say that because my Granddad and Grandma where from the Emerald Isle, and I spotted it no problem as you can see. :D

Are you sure someone didnt just buy a titanium and feared that it may be robbed where they lived so "down badged" it to an LX for "safety"? lol...

Well he would have it all and most likely it would be working Jeeb if that was the case.

On the other hand, being as it is in Ireland, maybe somebody blinged an LX up to Titanium standard spec, but for got to change the badge on the boot :blink:

I think the A/C button on the dash may be an indication that it has got Air Con or not.

that is actually a good point, cause the LX badge is a bit unstuck from the body... But no, the rear wheels have the drum breaks, not the disc breaks :)

Well, I'm standing in front of the bonnet dead centre, looking into the engine bay. And there it is on my left hand side.

But lets be fair about this, left or right hand side, I reckon even an Irish Lad would clock that if it was there. I say that because my Granddad and Grandma where from the Emerald Isle, and I spotted it no problem as you can see. :D

Yeah, I am Irish only cause I lived here for 11 years :) If you only knew the truth... Never mind, I'll go deep diving into the engine bay later on.

I think the A/C button on the dash may be an indication that it has got Air Con or not.

Ah, you see, it doesnt have the A/C button. So its not "air controlled" as such, but still, when I turn on the cooling, I'd expect cool air, not warmish, to come in. Anyway, I'll dig in a bit better, see what comes out.

I have a mk1 LX with manual airconditioning, so yours probably does too

I was going to say, the father in law has a 57 LX and he has the aircon, I would be disappointed if you didnt have it!

And drahza, I guess it gives more theory to Catch's blinged up idea! :)

Im envious now... I want cruise control, but at £500 to fit it and potential upset of my shiny 5.5years warranty, its not worth the hassle. Maybe I will win the lottery, and then just buy a shiny new toy with all the bling :)

I was going to say, the father in law has a 57 LX and he has the aircon, I would be disappointed if you didnt have it!

And drahza, I guess it gives more theory to Catch's blinged up idea! :)

Im envious now... I want cruise control, but at £500 to fit it and potential upset of my shiny 5.5years warranty, its not worth the hassle. Maybe I will win the lottery, and then just buy a shiny new toy with all the bling :)

Well, the buttons are there (took me several days to acutally notice the buttons on the steering wheel and ask myself: what are these for?) and the dash indicator light is there (did the dash thingie with holding reset while powering up to get into diag mode) and the break lights work, so it should not be that... At any rate, we'll see... I'll check the fuse box, but in the end I think I will have to dismantle the steering wheel...

Well, the buttons are there (took me several days to acutally notice the buttons on the steering wheel and ask myself: what are these for?) and the dash indicator light is there (did the dash thingie with holding reset while powering up to get into diag mode) and the break lights work, so it should not be that... At any rate, we'll see... I'll check the fuse box, but in the end I think I will have to dismantle the steering wheel...

Well, I just cant find that pipe, nor the canister looking either left or right. Damn, my Rover was eaiser to dig in, this engine compartment is so cramped up!

Oh well... I am guessing that since there are not many days in Ireland where I will need cooling, open windows will do just fine.

• 2 weeks later...

hi

look at the drivers side under the front wing thats where mine is

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club