Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Battery Light

maryb85

hi guys i have a 99 ford focus ghia 1.6 the lights constantly flicker, when i first start driving the car the speedo has a mind of it own works and then stops working seems to sort itself out after 15 minutes, lately the battery light turns on for a second while driving goes straight off but comes back a few times i got the battery checked and its working fine and its charging also... i havent 2 much money to play with any idea's would be grately appreicated

hi guys i have a 99 ford focus ghia 1.6 the lights constantly flicker, when i first start driving the car the speedo has a mind of it own works and then stops working seems to sort itself out after 15 minutes, lately the battery light turns on for a second while driving goes straight off but comes back a few times i got the battery checked and its working fine and its charging also... i havent 2 much money to play with any idea's would be grately appreicated

Sounds likely that you have an issue with the instrument cluster, its a known issue on earlier focus' (or later "very old" shapes). its likely you may need a new instrument cluster installing im afraid :(

thanks for the reply i will get that checked out :)

thanks for the reply i will get that checked out :)

there was a recall initially, but if the owners didnt do it (from memory) I think Ford were / have been offering the new instrument cluster at a reduced rate. I could be entirely wrong, but its just the fact that your entire cluster misbehaves and then comes back to life.

Some people have advised that a spray of WD40 on the back of the cluster has resolved the issue, so if your handy with a spanner, you may be able to do it yourself :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club