Do Not Sell My Personal Information

54 Reg C-Max Loss Of Power, Engine And Battery Light On Sometimes Only Starts On 3Rd Attempt!

*Becqui*

Rebecca, Epsom, Surrey......help!

My c-max 1.8 54reg 48'000 on the clock.

Well folks you'll love this one, mine for a year, bought off my brother.

When he had it, one day it wouldn't start, he had the alternator changed, that fixed the prob but couldnt get battery light off, he was told to get computer reset.

Any how ive had it for a year, battery light still on and going strong lol

Ive just recently noticed that sometimes when starting, i turn key, dash lights up, starts to tick over up but doesnt fire up until 3rd attempt. Then today i was waiting at lights on a incline (using clutch & brake, no handbrake) when pulling off i felt like i just missed stalling it which isnt usual, further down the road i noticed again from 1st gear it had lost its guts kinda thing, accelleration feels sluggish? best way to describe it, then the engine light came on.... ??

P.s i have been known to run my old girl low on juice. :P

• 3 weeks later...

We've recently bought a 2006 C-Max zetec 1.8 tdci, and have had one problem after another.

We broke down on Saturday and so went into the garage to get a new alternator and battery. The garage noticed problems with the cold start fuse wire and the 2nd ignition power. So the car still has no turbo power, which sounds similar to your problem. I notice your post is dated April, so can you tell me how you got on - Did you get the problem fixed, and what was the cause in the end?