Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Tdci Woes

craig carter

Hi folks

I drive a Mondeo Tdci 115bhp Auto. It is a 2003 model and has about 88K on the odometer. Over the fast few weeks the car has started to cut out randomly on me as I'm driving along. There is no obvious (to me at least) cause. The car starts to 'misfire' and the glow plug light on the dash starts to flash. It is then that the engine cuts out and I end up coasting to a stop.

I have spoken to technicians at Ford and others who claim to have the same issue with Mondeo turbo diesels and these are the issues raised so far....

Common rail pressure issue, Blocked/damaged injectors, fuel blockage, injector program failure and bad fuel. It has even been suggested that the BP diesel that I have recently put in my tank may contain biodiesel that ford engines don't like!

I used to make ford parts and I know the basics of how an engine works but I'm going to need advice please. At £80 per hour I don't want to leave the car with a Ford garage.

Has anyone any useful advice that may rectify my car's problem?

typical of ford to only mention the expensive options, the common cause of your problem could be the cam sensor failing (£20 and fitted in ten minutes) but i would get the fault codes read by a local garage which will be cheaper than ford anyday.

typical of ford to only mention the expensive options, the common cause of your problem could be the cam sensor failing (£20 and fitted in ten minutes) but i would get the fault codes read by a local garage which will be cheaper than ford anyday.

Have been advised by me father-in-law who has been asking arround for me that Ford and a local tyre fitter think that the ECU controlling the injectors may require re-programming. Will cost £95 to find out!

if the injectors have lost there code, its unuasal for the car to cut out, they usually just sound and run a bit rough.

if the injectors have lost there code, its unuasal for the car to cut out, they usually just sound and run a bit rough.

as mintalklin suggested, head to a local independant garage you can get the same codes read for a much less price, I got mine done for £15 at a local garage before!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club