Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Small Clicking Noise

suddste

Hi,

Had the window down today as it was a nice day, and heard a small clicking noise increasing with speed. Dont believe it's engine related. cannot be felt inside with windows up at all.

no pulling to one side

only 43,000mls

Any ideas?

stone chip in one of your tyres !!!!!!!! are you having a larf ?

eh, nah no 'larfs'?

Ah it is obvious you don't know johnS.

johnS is the kind of guy who if he breaks wind believes there is a problem. But by the same token, if he doesn't break wind johnS believes there is a problem. He freely admits he's a born worrier, like he admits his farther is a worrier, he cannot help it.

Get involved and you will just end up being frustrated by his logic. And for that reason, I just sigh and as a rule just click onto the next topic when I see his "what is this noise" when should I "replace this component" posts.

No malicious intended johnS, but the fact is you just do my head in. :rolleyes: I'm genuinely here to learn from and help others when I can, but I've given up on you mate, sorry.

Ah it is obvious you don't know johnS.

johnS is the kind of guy who if he breaks wind believes there is a problem. But by the same token, if he doesn't break wind johnS believes there is a problem. He freely admits he's a born worrier, like he admits his farther is a worrier, he cannot help it.

Get involved and you will just end up being frustrated by his logic. And for that reason, I just sigh and as a rule just click onto the next topic when I see his "what is this noise" when should I "replace this component" posts.

No malicious intended johnS, but the fact is you just do my head in. :rolleyes: I'm genuinely here to learn from and help others when I can, but I've given up on you mate, sorry.

ok, cool.

JohnS, check that there are no silly things like a stone in your tread, and nothing like a piece of paper / plastic stuck to the face of the wheel. It sounds silly, but remember the penny rattle you had before?

Its one of those things that you can just check quickly and you may find it is something very silly. If there is nothing at all on any surface of the wheel, then you should consider looking further, but humour us :) check all surfaces of the wheel and let us know the outcome!

JohnS, check that there are no silly things like a stone in your tread, and nothing like a piece of paper / plastic stuck to the face of the wheel. It sounds silly, but remember the penny rattle you had before?

Its one of those things that you can just check quickly and you may find it is something very silly. If there is nothing at all on any surface of the wheel, then you should consider looking further, but humour us :) check all surfaces of the wheel and let us know the outcome!

yeah, when I was checking for the coolant leak, I found a stone in the wheel. Not sure if it's to do with that, though as the noise is intermittent

Could well be, with a decent tread on the car its easy to pick up a stone!

as for the coolant leak, it could be related, but at the moment, I would say look at them as two seperate issues...

About to take a look at your leaking thread, so for now, assume that the noise was just a stone in the wheel. best thing to do is next time you hear clicks, pull over sit for a few minutes (engine still running) get out and check for fluid and check the wheels to make sure there are no stones...

Could well be, with a decent tread on the car its easy to pick up a stone!

as for the coolant leak, it could be related, but at the moment, I would say look at them as two seperate issues...

About to take a look at your leaking thread, so for now, assume that the noise was just a stone in the wheel. best thing to do is next time you hear clicks, pull over sit for a few minutes (engine still running) get out and check for fluid and check the wheels to make sure there are no stones...

thanks

I really hate having it at the garage every couple of 1000 miles....guess you feel my pain? lol

I really hate having it at the garage every couple of 1000 miles....guess you feel my pain? lol

Unfortunately I was an expert at my car being in the garage, or me having to do something with it! will take a look at your other thread now, might see whats going on over there!

johnS is the kind of guy who if he breaks wind believes there is a problem. But by the same token, if he doesn't break wind johnS believes there is a problem.

Classic :D :lol:

Unfortunately I was an expert at my car being in the garage, or me having to do something with it! will take a look at your other thread now, might see whats going on over there!

lol, hopefully this is the last time my car sees the garage for a while!