Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Big Problem/need Help Please

leeman

hi, my name is lee, newbie, and i gotta big BIG prob. just bought a 2001 1600se focus and at first all seemed well. fair condition, no visible oil leaks, good brakes and performance, seemed a good purchase then a small oil patch appeared under ther car, since found to be from the air filter box connection to the rocker cover via rubber tube. i saw a machanic who removed the oil filler cap whilst engine was running, loads of fumes collecting inside rocker cover. its been suggested the engines knackered, poss sticking oil rings , the reason why so much fumes are getting into the top end. he suggested nothing less than an engine strip would cure it , would coast a fortune:( ???? Ive been wondering if i would change the pcv valve help the condition , also how do i find the pcv valve on a 1600se, sure i read not all engines have pcv valves ? or have i been well and truly ripped off, any help very greatfully recieved, much thanks ,leeman

hello lee, (if your name is lee why does your profile say paul :lol: )

having had a focus with the same engine i can help. If the valve is blocked it force the oil/gases to be blown past the piston rings (hope the damage hasnt already been done).

Ok, looking at the engine you will see the inlet manifold at the front, behind there lies the PCV valve. its white/grey and has a rubber pipe connected to it. you will need to loosen the alternator bolts and pull it forward to get in (atleast this is how i done mine and i think this may be how haynes says to do it).

welcome to the forum mate :)

stef

hello lee, (if your name is lee why does your profile say paul :lol: )

having had a focus with the same engine i can help. If the valve is blocked it forced the oil/gases to be blown past the piston rings (hope the damage hasnt already been done).

Ok, looking at the engine you will see the inlet manifold at the front, behind there lies the PCV valve. its white/grey and has a rubber pipe connected to it. you will need to loosen the alternator bolts and bull it forward to get in (atleast this is how i done mine).

welcome to the forum mate :)

stef

hey stef.... name long story :) when you say damage already been done, :( what are you suggeting could have happened

To be honest im not entirely sure but oil and gases being forced past the piston rings cant be healthy? having said that if it was blocked it should blow the dipstick out before getting past the rings?

hey stef.... name long story :) when you say damage already been done, :( what are you suggeting could have happened

To be honest im not entirely sure but oil and gases being forced past the piston rings cant be healthy? having said that if it was blocked it should blow the dipstick out before getting past the rings?

i guess its the only hope i have really. i'll change pcv n see what happens. miracles occasionally happen eh.......god knows i need one, looking at £350 for an engine and poss £250 to fit !!! thanks for your input steph i'll post the results.

think i found the pcv but in a different place. to move my alternator i would have to remove the auxiliary belt .ive seen 2 pipes coming together from the front of the engine behind the exhaust outpipes going down to, as you said , a white grey valve on the rt hand side, i guess thats it,thanks again

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club