Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paint Repair

c.brankin

Hi All.

I have recently brought a new 2011 Ford KA studio and love it.

It treat it with pride and am now gutted to find out someone has hit it :( and chipped off the paint from around the back left hand wheel (see image attached). Also they didn't leave a note and now i have to claim on my own insurance.

as a new driver I dont really want to have to do this. Does anybody know if its possible to get ford (or other provider) to re-spray (fix) the paint that has been chipped away. and if so how much the process will cost.

Any information would be greatly appreciated

Kind Regards

Chris

post-25103-0-47668400-1312280501_thumb.j

It may be worth getting Chips Away or a similar company to sort it. I wouldnt go to the main dealer as they would do similar and then charge a premium on top.

As it is a solid colour, I would be tempted to have a go it yourself. The majority of the marks look like they could be removed with scratch remover or applying a mixture of wax and T-cut. The chip itself could be touched in.

Its always a pain when ignorant drivers knock your car. The amount of times an idiot has openned his car door against mine without a care for what damage they cause. Unfortunately you are always going to come across cretins like that.

You could get it fixed for around 80 quid by chips away :)

Thanks both of you for your replies.

I'm now awaiting a quote from Chips Away :D

I really hope they can sort it out. I'll post the outcome!!

Chris

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club