Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Ecoboost

jimbobc

Hello, I'm new here so would appreciate some advice. We are looking for a replacement for a fairly rapid 130 ps Grande Punto Sporting Diesel. Because a friend can get huge discounts at Mazda we looked at a 3 2.2 d sport 185 but the ride is not good. So we tried a 105, 125 and Ecoboost. Much as I was hoping to save ther money and get the 125 I much preferred the Ecoboost, we both did.

A few questions:

1 do you think Eb will soon be available on the Zetec

2 I think the Titanium looks really plain. Its a shame the Zetec appearance looks better. Strangley the Titanium appearance doesn't include better wheels so you need over £900 to get both packs. Could you get privacy glass elsewhere.

3 my wife wants ink blue with 18 wheels and appearance pack. Anyone know of any good deals as there are no similar demos for sale and best I can get is 19.7 k and 12 week wait.

4 anyone bought and have any opinions?

Thanks,

James

Hi James. Welcome to the forum:

1 do you think Eb will soon be available on the Zetec - No doubt, if we are referring to the newest MK3 Focus, they do stage their engine developments and what is released so most likely it will be released at a later date.

2 I think the Titanium looks really plain. Its a shame the Zetec appearance looks better. Strangley the Titanium appearance doesn't include better wheels so you need over £900 to get both packs. Could you get privacy glass elsewhere. - Privacy glass can be done aftermarket most likely with a film to cover the windows, you can get these done about £25 - £50 each window depending on the store. I am sure you could special order and get the Zetec skirts on the Titanium I dont think that would be too difficult for Ford, or you can fit it aftermarket of course

3 my wife wants ink blue with 18 wheels and appearance pack. Anyone know of any good deals as there are no similar demos for sale and best I can get is 19.7 k and 12 week wait.

12 week wait is the average for a new Focus, as for the cost, without chopping and changing whats on / you want on the car then you may be able to save more by shopping elsewhere with other dealers.

4 anyone bought and have any opinions?

Unfortunately not partaken in the latest MK3, Its going to be a while before I return to Ford, and only when I know the MK3 has ironed out all the issues that its older brothers had, would I consider getting one again.

Hope somne of the above helps!

Enjoy the forums!

Hi James

I have just bought a Focus 150 eco boost and i think it is a great car, much better than the zetec (my opinion)

The interior is much better for a start - i just hate the look of the ford radio. Read the brouchure you get much more gadgets in the titinium. i couldn't manage without cruise, motorway driving and speed cameras don't mix

Don't like the cheap looking plastic grill either on the zetec.

My car has the apperance option for keyless entry and tinted glass and the city pack - great

I prefer the titanium wheels because the last focus i had ran on very low profiles and they are a hard ride and very noisy - comfort is more important for me

only thing i would say against is i changed from a Focus 2.0 Tdci mk2 and it was rapid. The eco boost doesn't feel as fast, I think the lower torque is the main reason

drive the cars, look in your wallet and at the end of the day make the right choice for you

cheers

Thanks all for your replies. I have had an offer of my spec for 17850 if I take pcp. Steve your thoughts were similar to mine that a diesel feels quicker but the engine is great and a big step up from the zetec 125. I need one for within 6 months so wonder if a zetec or zetec s will have this engine by then.

In sept the new focus will be changing model year to 2012 model year. So there will prob be a few changes there. Ones we know of are the new studio and the new 1.6 petrol powershift. On vista the other day there appeared a zetec s model with 2 engines. One the 2.0tdci 163ps the other a 1.6 petrol that I have not heard of before. An interior choice was inferno red.

This just appeared on vista the other day. Sometimes they appear then go sometimes a while later the car actually comes out

Hi, to change the model year just after the car has only been out for six months would be very unusual, and doubtful, for Ford. We already know that a Zetec S with the 180ps ecoboost will be offered, as to another 1.6, I've not seen anything and the 2.0l is designated for the ST. I'm sure Ford will 'tweak' the spec, but that is more than likely to happen around March 2012 when the car has been out for a year and the Sony MyFord Sync system is introduced, this will not be a facelift as Ford only perform this after 2.5 years.

The waiting time of 12 weeks is usual thses days as cars are all built to order, I can get a 1.6 Ecoboost Tit with the ink blue, 18" wheels and appearance pack for only £17043 OTR from a very good reputable internet company http://www.buyacar.co.uk/ford_focus_hatchback/deal_16_ecoboost_titanium_5dr_60302.jhtml you'll need to tick your options.

Chris

In sept the new focus will be changing model year to 2012 model year. So there will prob be a few changes there. Ones we know of are the new studio and the new 1.6 petrol powershift. On vista the other day there appeared a zetec s model with 2 engines. One the 2.0tdci 163ps the other a 1.6 petrol that I have not heard of before. An interior choice was inferno red.

This just appeared on vista the other day. Sometimes they appear then go sometimes a while later the car actually comes out

Thanks for this info. Any idea of its the EB engine it will get or when you will know more? I guess it could be the 180ps?

We have not been given any official info on the zetec s its just one that appeared on the system the other day. Only official is the studio the new 1.6 petrol powershift and parking sensors as an option so you don't have to get city pack. Mainly for motability as they are stopping them having city pack on tit and below. Obv there bound to be more changes as its a model year change but we don't know anymore info yet. Ford have put bigger discounts on the 11 model year petrols as of yesterday

HI, that's all good to know, the 1.6 ecoboost 180ps for the Zetec S has been well documented for both the h/b and the estate. Is there any other other inside info you could share with us, such as reverse camera's etc or like when there is going to be a proper accessories catalogue?

Chris

Hi, to change the model year just after the car has only been out for six months would be very unusual, and doubtful, for Ford. We already know that a Zetec S with the 180ps ecoboost will be offered, as to another 1.6, I've not seen anything and the 2.0l is designated for the ST. I'm sure Ford will 'tweak' the spec, but that is more than likely to happen around March 2012 when the car has been out for a year and the Sony MyFord Sync system is introduced, this will not be a facelift as Ford only perform this after 2.5 years.

The waiting time of 12 weeks is usual thses days as cars are all built to order, I can get a 1.6 Ecoboost Tit with the ink blue, 18" wheels and appearance pack for only £17043 OTR from a very good reputable internet company http://www.buyacar.co.uk/ford_focus_hatchback/deal_16_ecoboost_titanium_5dr_60302.jhtml you'll need to tick your options.

Chris

Thanks for this its a great price. Would be interested to see what the spec and price of the zetec s look like.

We have not been given any official info on the zetec s its just one that appeared on the system the other day. Only official is the studio the new 1.6 petrol powershift and parking sensors as an option so you don't have to get city pack. Mainly for motability as they are stopping them having city pack on tit and below. Obv there bound to be more changes as its a model year change but we don't know anymore info yet. Ford have put bigger discounts on the 11 model year petrols as of yesterday

Hi, I hear there is a 1k bonus on current stock eb and petrol. Are you able to see if there any ink blue with 18" wheels and appearance pack around? Also like candy red and midnight sky.

Thanks James

There is a 1k deposit allowance now. And on Monday dealers will be issued with lists of current focus customers who are eligibil for an extra £1500 over the normal savings. This list is generated by ford and not the dealers. The deposit allowance is only on 2011model years not 2012

There is a 1k deposit allowance now. And on Monday dealers will be issued with lists of current focus customers who are eligibil for an extra £1500 over the normal savings. This list is generated by ford and not the dealers. The deposit allowance is only on 2011model years not 2012

Is there an easy way to get a view of what stock cars would be available?

Not really. Just go ask what's available. There's tonnes of cars that's why ford put all the extra money on. Not really selling aswell as they hoped. They built tonnes of petrol but everyone wants diesel and theres none around really so all extra money put on petrols to make people wanna buy them plus the stock is crazy on them.

Not really. Just go ask what's available. There's tonnes of cars that's why ford put all the extra money on. Not really selling aswell as they hoped. They built tonnes of petrol but everyone wants diesel and theres none around really so all extra money put on petrols to make people wanna buy them plus the stock is crazy on them.

So will the dealer be able to select from all Ecoboost stock? I guess there maybe a candy red one ot there. I'm also hoping to use the ambassador discount

Pretty much. They will have there own stock plus that at VHC and if there is one at another dealer they could ring and ask for it. Dealers are letting focus petrols be transfered to get them off there stock

There are two in the right spec coming into stock. Is the 1k in addition to the £550 pcp contribution that drive the deal quote?

Keep an eye out for a zetec s ;)

Oooooh, keep us updated :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club