Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alarm

cpaan

guys just bought a 2002 3 door st focus today it has 2 keys but not a remote one! one is a solid one blue chip. The other is like the remote key but the buttons are solid! When I unlock t.he car the alarm starts going off I put the key in the ignition to stop it !

Any ideas on whats the problem please

When you lock the car, are you double locking it? Does the alarm go off if its been single locked?

hi not sure as i just turn the key and lock it I think its just a single lock im doing is this wrong ?

Thanks

hi not sure as i just turn the key and lock it I think its just a single lock im doing is this wrong ?

Thanks

Single locking is OK, but if someone smashes the window, they can open the door from inside. When you double lock, they cant.

Anyway, I was hoping the alarm was only being armed when it was double locked, but seems it isnt.

The only thing I can suggest, is to buy a second hand remote from eBay and programme it to the car. You can programme it yourself, there are threads on the process if you havent got an owners manual. Alternatively get a mate who has a Ford remote to programme his to your car and see if by locking and unlocking the car, he can switch the alarm off.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club