Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will Putting 17" Alloys On Zetecs Tdci Change My Road Tax Bracket Of £20

moefoe11

If i put 17" streetpack alloys on my zetec s tdci will my road tax go up from £20?

You sure? As im sure that was what the dealership guy said was the reason why the street pack was ni longer available on the zetec s tdci to keep emmisions down?

Whilst that is true what you do to the car after it has been registered with the DVLA will not affect the tax band.

Shouldn't do. I've got the older 90ps TDCi with Streetpack wheels factory fitted & my tax is £20 for the year.

buying any non-standard wheels will not effect your RFL, but should you inform your insurance company will effect your insurance premium, not informing them may void your policy should you have an accident.

Whilst that is true what you do to the car after it has been registered with the DVLA will not affect the tax band.

unless you do an engine transplant lol - but i think wheels will be exempt

Change to fuel type or engine size

You’ll need to tax your vehicle at your nearest DVLA local office. Write the new details in section seven of your Registration Certificate.

DVLA will need written evidence of any changes to engine number and cylinder capacity (cc). This can be the receipt for the new engine' date=' or written evidence from the manufacturer, insurance company or garage that carried out the change.

DVLA will need written confirmation of changes to fuel type for vehicles registered after 1 March 2001 if:

•your existing engine is converted - the confirmation must be on headed paper from the garage that carried out the work

•a new engine is fitted - the receipt will be required as confirmation

Find your nearest Post Office® branch that issues tax discs Opens new windowDownload 'Find your nearest Post Office® branch for postal applications' (PDF, 243K) Opens new windowFind your nearest DVLA local officeHelp with PDF files[/quote']

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/HowToTaxYourVehicle/DG_069680

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club