Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Greenfaldo

RDS 6006 problem err 3

3 posts in this topic

hi people

i have a ford fusion with a 6006 6 disc mult cd player, im having a message come up saying cd err 3, i can't eject or load and it won't play anything...

Has anyone got any suggestions, i would be really greatful....

Hi

Very late on this. Just joined.

I think this relates to the cogs inside the unit wearing out and not turning/meshing correctly.

You maybe get crunching or grinding sounds.

Try removing the unit completely and taking the top cover off (neither are difficult if I can do it!), reinserting the two sets of cables at the rear and look if you can see what's actually physically happening when you try to eject/play.

You may be able to "nudge" or encourage the unit to function so at least you can get your disks out.

What you do after that I don't know. See if you can find the cogs that are failing. Can they be replaced? I don't know but I would doubt it, knowing Ford.

Good luck.

OJ