Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Ultimate Reverse Bulb 6000Kelvin (55Watt Equivalent)

Lenny

Just ordered my reverse light, was just wonderimg would it be possible to replace the fog lens with a reverse light lens, saw some posts on the site, i was thinking of a LH drive focus which would have one ... Jim

• Like 1

I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong but AFAIK you can change the fog-light for a LHD reverse light and replace the clear bulb with a red one. Sure there's a guide somewhere but can't find it just now :wacko:

However what some have done is replace the fog light with a clear one AND hacked it a bit to incorporate a fog light and a reverse light ;) Found the guide for that one.

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/29347-guide-fitting-second-reverse-light-ford-focus-mk2-mk25/

A left hand drive reverse light is a direct swap for the red fog lens.

The bulb holder is the same.

Add a red Cree bulb and you're set.

• Like 1

Just ordered my reverse light, was just wonderimg would it be possible to replace the fog lens with a reverse light lens, saw some posts on the site, i was thinking of a LH drive focus which would have one ... Jim

Hi jim,

As said you can replace the unit

You can also fit dual reverse lighting,

Click on my aviator picture to view my list of guides,

Click on the tittle to view the guide,

You can download it in PDF if required

• Like 1

Thanks to all for the pictures and advice ... Jim .. I wasnt thinking straight, i just thought .. " i know i will change the lens put a cree reverse light in ,, happy days " Obviously you would have to put some wiring to make the the light work, so i will settle for the cree for the minute and see how it goes,

Fitted the Cree and tbh its not much brighter than my old one .. a previous post had mentioned it may be because of the tinted windows . maybe, or after driving in roads with lights and you come to reverse in a dark road your eyes havnt adjust properly .. next job could be to get rid of the fog light ... Jim

Can say something which may be stupid ?

Why not fit a KA Sport reverse light right in the centre and see what that's like...

Daz, Ducking under the table.

These bulbs created a error in my car. When ever I put the car in reverse the radio would stop, then back in first and radio would work again. Had to put the standard bulb back in. :(

Anyone else had this issue ?

• Like 1

These bulbs created a error in my car. When ever I put the car in reverse the radio would stop, then back in first and radio would work again. Had to put the standard bulb back in. :(

Anyone else had this issue ?

Lmao you driving a Renault?

Weird since the stereo and reverse loom are not connected unless you have a touch screen with reverse camera,

Sure you didn't reverse out of radio reception coverage.

Renault and alpha are notorious for dodgy electrics but on focus even the reverse control loom and stereo control loom run on separate fuse boards

Nope 100% not radio signal. My house never lost signal, never lost signal anywhere with the dab radio. Soon as I took the bulb out it worked fine again. Even happend at different locations.

• Like 1

A dodgy bulb producing sympathetic radio waves?

One signal washing out another.

• 3 months later...

Will this fit my foci lenny :-)

Will this fit my foci lenny :-)

yes

Find out what bulb your focus takes and you will get a Cree that fits from Alltronix.co.uk

its a W16W whatever that means lenny

Jamie

• Like 1

Jamie

thats the type of bulb that it is,

Its a wedge type. Like an oversized parking bulb,

Log on to alltronix.co.uk and search for Cree W16W

• 4 weeks later...

fitted mine earlier, wasnt too dark in the underground car park but you get the idea :)

10356224_10154301741440263_5101479750313

• Like 1

fitted mine earlier, wasnt too dark in the underground car park but you get the idea :)

10356224_10154301741440263_5101479750313

looks great Bryan,

You may also be interested in fitting a reverse lens from a left hand drive focus, giving you a clear rear fog light and the ability to fit a second reverse light,

See my Guide here which is also available to download in PDF format with links to suppliers:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/29347-guide-fitting-second-reverse-light-ford-focus-mk2-mk25/#entry158997

Jamie

W16W

Means the reverse bulb you require for your specific model is a wedge type 16watt bulb,

You require the Cree equivalent of the W16W which will shine brighter than 16W but wont ever get even half as hot as the stock bulbs.

Lenny what about rear fog light? Isn't there a law about having rear fog light?

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Lenny what about rear fog light? Isn't there a law about having rear fog light?

the dual reverse guide shows you how to fit both rear fog light and reverse light in the same unit,

Cree sell a red fog light aswell which has a frosted lens to diffuse the light better for fog conditions,

Theres nothing illegal about a clear lens aslong as the bulb shines red.

ive also fitted an "auto off" relay to mine so if i have my rear fog light on,

And i put the car in to reverse,

The relay turns off the red fog light for the duration reverse is active,

Looks cosmetically pleasant because red and white never shine together.

Its all in the guide anyway.

Ooooo ok. That seems rather daunting to me haha . Only just managed to fit my aux cable (finally) haha

Ooooo ok. That seems rather daunting to me haha . Only just managed to fit my aux cable (finally) haha

its not that difficult,

If you can peel a banna you can splice a cable, much the same stripping to the core :lol:

Youll need a dremil style tool aswell fairly cheap from Maplin electronics,

And some glue.

Will take around 3 hours at the most to fit cables,

1 hour to cut and bond light unit,

Then 8 hours dring time.

Well worth it though

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lenny

Do you think the cree bulbs would be a viable replacement for a tail stop light?

• Like 1

Hi Lenny

Do you think the cree bulbs would be a viable replacement for a tail stop light?

hi Tom,

No mate. I wouldnt use led for brake lights just yet,

They are bright but i personally wouldnt trust them to be good enough for day light driving.

If you have dual filament bulbs stop&tail in the same bulb, cree wont work for this fitment because they are single filament stop or tail not both,

However,

If you have the RS style tail units you then have a single filament brake light socket where you could try a cree led in daylight and view if its sufficent for the purpose or not,

But overall

I personally wouldnt & led are currently only single filament

hi Tom,

No mate. I wouldnt use led for brake lights just yet,

They are bright but i personally wouldnt trust them to be good enough for day light driving.

If you have dual filament bulbs stop&tail in the same bulb, cree wont work for this fitment because they are single filament stop or tail not both,

However,

If you have the RS style tail units you then have a single filament brake light socket where you could try a cree led in daylight and view if its sufficent for the purpose or not,

But overall

I personally wouldnt & led are currently only single filament

I've found getting CREE brake light bulbs for the LED style taillamps to be a non-starter :( the original bulbs are a very rare fitment having both staggered and offset pins, it's hard enough getting replacement bulbs - I had to go to 2 Ford dealers before getting one and that was all they had in stock. Course plan B you could get one of the more commonly available bulbs, file one of the pins off it and try soldering a new one on but I wouldn't know how robust something like that would last.