AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
icygold

Rear Burning Smell, Tyres or Brakes?

2 posts in this topic

Hi

My Mondeo was just in for a service 2 days ago. I got new discs and pads and two new rear tyres. Topped up my brake fluid. Did oil changes etc.

However, today i noticed, when I parked there was a slight burning smell coming from the rear of the car. Could this be anything the new tyres or brake pads "bedding in"? I was driving in wet weather, would this make any difference? I only noticed this the once, but i'm concerned as i have a 400 mile journey on boxing day ahead of me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi

My Mondeo was just in for a service 2 days ago. I got new discs and pads and two new rear tyres. Topped up my brake fluid. Did oil changes etc.

However, today i noticed, when I parked there was a slight burning smell coming from the rear of the car. Could this be anything the new tyres or brake pads "bedding in"? I was driving in wet weather, would this make any difference? I only noticed this the once, but i'm concerned as i have a 400 mile journey on boxing day ahead of me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Put your hand on the rear wheel next time and see if it's hot ( watch you don't get burned though! ) If the wheel itself is hot it sounds like the brakes are binding, I had similar on my last cavalier but spotted it because the rear hub was a nice blueish colour when i stopped the car in our driveway! It could also just be the residue burning off from the new pads and disks.