Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 Owners: How Little Fuel Have You Got Down To?

PumpkinSteve

I'm just curious. I went for an unexpectedly long drive today and when I got back I only had 10 miles to go until empty on the dash gauge, I still haven't filled up yet. I'm just wondering if it is accurate and if anyone has passed 0 miles? On my last car I managed to drive 6 miles after the counter had reached zero and still didn't run out of petrol :D I was pretty scared whilst doing it though.

I've reached zero with about 5 miles to go til I got home. I did manage to get it to rise up to 0.6miles remaining about halfway through

I've had it down to 14 miles to empty, though from what I've read on here I dont think many people leave it that low, especially if they're in a diesel.

I tried once to fully empty the tank.

At the end the car went into safetymode and max. speed was limited to 80 km./h.

Then i decided it was enough and went to fill up, did 2 kms. in safety mode.

Filled it up with 39.86 liters ( tank is 40 liters ).

But it's bad to do it, coz the dieselpump is inside the tank and needs diesel for greasing.

So far, not dared go below 40 Miles, the range seemed to drop very quickly after it reached 50 Miles.

S.

My better half took it down to 7 miles. Filled it up with 40.70 litres in a 40 litre tank, :huh:

My better half took it down to 7 miles. Filled it up with 40.70 litres in a 40 litre tank, :huh:

That was certainly low - don't forget there's a fair amount of pipe work as well, probably where your 0.70 litres was sitting.

I take it down to 0 miles every week. It's not going to hit 0 and stop straight away.

Don't forget : 40 liter for the diesel, 42 liter for the petrol

Did 10 miles past 0 on the range.

Range is based on your mpg read out, so if you drive sensibly it won't 'catch up'. I could have probably done another 40+ miles granny driving as my average mpg was 30 at the time.

I've done 23 miles on 0. I was doing a 60 mile trip when the fuel meter told me I had 26 miles.

Though most of this was probably due to it had been driven reasonably hard before hand, and eco-mode after.

I always let my fuel slip into the single figures, and I often do the 6 mile trip home from work with 0miles, never broken down *touch wood*

And after the 6 mile trip and after refuelling myself (food) I'm able to drive the 1 mile uphill drive to the petrol station every time.

I only ever get worried if it says 0 miles after driving efficiently, which for me is not very often. I know I always have a few hidden miles left as long as I switch driving style.

I've done 23 miles on 0. I was doing a 60 mile trip when the fuel meter told me I had 26 miles.

Though most of this was probably due to it had been driven reasonably hard before hand, and eco-mode after.

I always let my fuel slip into the single figures, and I often do the 6 mile trip home from work with 0miles, never broken down *touch wood*

And after the 6 mile trip and after refuelling myself (food) I'm able to drive the 1 mile uphill drive to the petrol station every time.

I only ever get worried if it says 0 miles after driving efficiently, which for me is not very often. I know I always have a few hidden miles left as long as I switch driving style.

You're a brave man B)

I just went to fill up, put in 39.56 litres so I still had a fair amount left. When I got the the petrol station the computer showed 5 miles until empty and I was doing 44mpg at the time.

So, considering I still had 2.44 litres of fuel left, how far could I have travelled at an average of 44mpg?

So, considering I still had 2.44 litres of fuel left, how far could I have travelled at an average of 44mpg?

23.6 miles ;)

i dont go lower than 50 miles to empty since i have a diesel and dont fancy having to reprime it

23.6 miles ;)

:unsure: wow, I was cutting it pretty close then.

Furthest for me was on 0 and the needle had gone past empty

Don't think I've gone below 11 miles before. I do try to fill it up as soon as the light comes on though, I find the 'Ping ping' annoying everything I start the engine :blink:

Hi

I have driven with zero miles left in my car and i managed to get 43.5 litres in lol

Jamie

Don't you meant 42 in, 1.5 out the overflow pipe onto the floor? I've never once filled up this car and not lost some down there... Back on topic, mines never gone below mid 20s.

no i dont mean 42 in and rest on the floor i mean 43.5 then full an a drip on the floor drip drip not even more than an egg cup full

Jamie

Lowest in my MK7 = 22 - my calculations there was 19miles left

Lowest when I had my MK6.5 = 5

Don't you meant 42 in, 1.5 out the overflow pipe onto the floor? I've never once filled up this car and not lost some down there...

If you leave the petrol pump in after filling and count to 10 before taking it out then you get no spillages on the floor. Works for me!

I do that, but mine spills before it clicks off!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club