Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 1.8 Tdci

steveh400

Hi guys i wonder if anybody else as come a cross this problem

i drive a 2006 ford focus tdci when you are just pottering about the car is fine but if i try to accelerate the car does not respond and its like i have kangaroo juice in the tank then you get a cloud of black smoke out of the exhaust there is also no warning lights coming on

it could be a gummed up or sticking egr valve, or a split in the pipework to it.

Checked egr valve got rid of carbon but still got problem

Checked egr valve got rid of carbon but still got problem

Do you have a DPF fitted. could be it needs a new dose of EOLYS or a new filter (hopefully not!) Otherwise if you have completely cleared the EGR valve, have you run a treatment such as WHYNS through, as its not just the valve that could have deposits, but the area around it could be causing the problem...

Whats a dpf and i have run an injector cleaner

Whats a dpf and i have run an injector cleaner

DPF is the Diesel Particulate Filter, (hyped up version of the Catalytic Converter), for the most part, 1.8's dont tend to have it, but you do find the odd one does have it fitted.

If you ran an injector cleaner that will sort out the injectors, but you might be best buying and running something dedicated to cleaning the EGR, as they have better ability at tackling large buil ups of Carbon, Catch found one, I think its Whynns EGR cleaner if im not mistaken...

I would just like to thank the people who responded to my problem it is fixed now the problem was the diesel filter apparently the garage that used to do my service had not changed it on the last 3 services thats no good to a car that does over 50k a year

I would just like to thank the people who responded to my problem it is fixed now the problem was the diesel filter apparently the garage that used to do my service had not changed it on the last 3 services thats no good to a car that does over 50k a year

Is that a replacement DPF then? or did they just do a forced regen? glad you got it sorted, but sorry to hear you had the DPF issue...

No mate it wasn't the dpf it was just the replacement filter that was all gunged up not allowing a clear flow of diesel the arsoles at the garage had not changed it

No mate it wasn't the dpf it was just the replacement filter that was all gunged up not allowing a clear flow of diesel the arsoles at the garage had not changed it

ah ok, well glad none the less that you seem to have pinpointed it, hopefully replacing the filter will resolve the issue!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club