• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mskayaker

mskayaker

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Ford Model: mondeo 2.2 titanium x

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:17 PM

My 2006 2.2 Diesel Titanium x mondeo is stuttering under low revs and shows up an EGR fault code and my mechanic says the faulty one is not the original. The engine has only done 80,000 miles, is it common to be on a third EGR already.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 mr pompey

mr pompey

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Ford Model: st24

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:32 AM

u shouldnt have to change it 3 times in 80k, as u say uve changed it 3 times so where r u buying these egr from????

if u want cheaper egr then go to jaguar(113), as they r cheaper then fords(302), if u want the i.d number then i can get it for u,

#3 mskayaker

mskayaker

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Ford Model: mondeo 2.2 titanium x

Posted 09 August 2011 - 09:16 AM

u shouldnt have to change it 3 times in 80k, as u say uve changed it 3 times so where r u buying these egr from????

if u want cheaper egr then go to jaguar(113), as they r cheaper then fords(302), if u want the i.d number then i can get it for u,

Thanks Mr Pompey if i replace it with a Jag part it should be quality and the saving is unbelievable, yes i would like the i.d. number please. I need to make sure that the EGR replacement part has an electrical connection.

#4 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,551 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:15 PM

i bet the fault code is for lack of air flow from the egr valve due to it being clogged up, the valve can be removed and cleaned,its a messy job that's why some garages just fit new valves.
http://www.google.co...egr valve clean

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users