Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Car Today But Problem With Accelerator Pedal

wesley

hi guys

am new to this forums, hopefully you guys could help me out :)

basically i part exchanged my old 2002 ford focus 1.6 and Y reg nissan micra for 2009 ford focus 1.6 zetec, picked the car up earlier this evening, very happy with it.

drove about 30 miles total, i found a problem with accelerator pedal, vibration......very hard to explain what type/sort of vibrate through the accelerator pedal. more like buzzing very fast (like iPhone 4 vibrate). extremely uncomfortable to my right feet lol i have to back off to 65mph or slower!!!

only happening when cruise at 70mph ish , no buzzing when under accelerating. will find out more if it happens as well on other gears ( 3rd and 4th)

the car is still under ford warranty but problem is we will be very busy in next few days and going holiday this sat for 2 weeks so will have no time to take the car to ford garage. will do after we get back from holiday.

is it well known problem? is it a simple job to fix? anyone experience similar problem? i honestly dont think i could live with buzzing vibrate, it SO uncomfortable and annoying. my old focus didnt have that

many thanks

wesley

hi wesley, since your car is under ford warrenty let them deal with it, it is also within a time limit for returning the car if not fit for purpose.

but i understand you wont have the time to go back to the seller and get this sorted...

what i would do is ring/visit them. inform them of the fault and situation of being unable to get to them. they should then book the fault or record it so they are aware. make sure you get a call ref or some other form of ref number and the persons first name of who took the call (they legally dont have to give surnames). because you have then informed them within the time limits etc they have to hold their end up.

used to do this at currys, as long as they reported the fault within the time limit but gave a satasfactory reason to why they cant come in, as a retailer had to honour the guarentee etc.

hope this makes sense

hi guys

thanks for the replies.

went to ford yesterday lunchtime, explained the problem to the sale man who sold the car to me, he took me to the service area and explained to the mechanic, he and the saleman went out in my car while i waited in showroom. they came back 10 mins later they said its because of new tyres fitted which need to be bedded about 500 miles and things will improve. if not, take it back again.

i have to say i'm a little disappointed. didnt expected they'd say like that lol

i owned my old focus for about 8 years, went thro 4 or 5 different set of tyres, never had like this before lol

so been driving around bit more since. only getting the buzzing vibration at pedals at between 3.6k to 3.8k rpm, happens on 3th, 4th and 5th gear so its not just at 75mph ish.

i read somewhere on net last night, someone has same problem on same car, turned out it was debris in rolling restrictor (engine mount???) but i cant find the website grrrrrrrrr. is it possible?

thanks

i am positive it was justanswer website

New tyres does not cause vibration, it could however be an allignment and balance that is required on the tyres, otherwise it could be the throttle assembly, or as you have pointed out, maybe the engine mounts. I would try and do the 500 miles to prove them wrong, but at the same time, I would write to them and confirm you are not satisfied with the answer, and that new tyres have never previously been an issue. As johnH said, you could always return the car as "not fit for purpose" within a month if you are not satisfied with their responses.

thanks for the replies

i think i know how to explain what sort of vibration throu the gas pedal, imagine you hit an object with a tuning fork, you'd getting buzzing vibration, it's like that.

i am away holiday tomorrow for 2 weeks. first thing when we get back home, i will take the car back to the ford garage.

also i found another problem with the car, half of quickclear screen only works so will ask to get it replaced under warranty.

thanks again

thanks for the replies

i think i know how to explain what sort of vibration throu the gas pedal, imagine you hit an object with a tuning fork, you'd getting buzzing vibration, it's like that.

i am away holiday tomorrow for 2 weeks. first thing when we get back home, i will take the car back to the ford garage.

also i found another problem with the car, half of quickclear screen only works so will ask to get it replaced under warranty.

thanks again

half the windscreen will be the ribbon has snapped, had this on my own windscreen after it was replaced. National Windscreens came out and soldered the ribbon back on and it worked again. an hours fix for them because they know what they are doing really, much cheaper than a replacement! they may go down that line as opposed to replacement.

As they're new tyres, definitely check wheel alignment and balance, as suggested.

I had a couple of vibration problems on a previous car. Bad wheel alignment caused vibration through the steering wheel when driving in a particular speed band (say 50-60), but the vibration disappeared when going faster/slower. Also, I had worn wheel bearings a couple of times, which caused vibration through the whole car and a droning noise, which was only noticeable above 50mph and got steadily worse with speed.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club