#1 Streetkagirl

Streetkagirl

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Name: Simon
  • Ford Model: Streetka
  • Year: 2004

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:54 PM

I have just bought a hardtop for 54 reg streetka. I have to fit brackets- thats ok. But can anyone help me as to where the heated rear screen plugs in- a long length of wire came with it as well as that connected to the hard top. Fuses tell me it is same as wiper washer but where is the connection ? Any help I would be grateful for.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 nickdando

nickdando

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Ford Model: VW up!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:22 PM

Have a look behind the passenger's seat. To the right of the central lockable panel, in the corner just behind the door opening, there's a black cable clipped into place with a connector on the end. That's where lead from the roof will plug in.

I'll see if I can take a photo of it tomorrow if you can't spot it.

Nick

#3 Streetkagirl

Streetkagirl

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Name: Simon
  • Ford Model: Streetka
  • Year: 2004

Posted 12 August 2011 - 10:41 AM

Have a look behind the passenger's seat. To the right of the central lockable panel, in the corner just behind the door opening, there's a black cable clipped into place with a connector on the end. That's where lead from the roof will plug in.

I'll see if I can take a photo of it tomorrow if you can't spot it.

Nick

#4 nickdando

nickdando

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Ford Model: VW up!

Posted 13 August 2011 - 02:49 PM

Did you intend to write something?

Nick

#5 1gris

1gris

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Name: jim
  • Ford Model: fiesta
  • Year: 2012

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:02 PM

Hi
Can you confirm which type of '54 Streetka you have please.
Did you buy the brackets or were they already fitted ?
If you did not have the hardtop from factory fit (purchased afterwards) the wiring for the rear screen is not fitted.

Hope this helps

Gris

#6 Chatterbox

Chatterbox

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Ford Model: StreetKa

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:17 PM

Is there no-one out there who knows anything concerning this fitting behind dashboard for connecting the adapter harness for a hard-top for a streetka?

#7 Chatterbox

Chatterbox

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Ford Model: StreetKa

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:44 PM

Is there no-one out there who knows anything concerning this fitting behind dashboard for connecting the adapter harness for a hard-top for a streetka?

#8 davisspj

davisspj

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: shaun
  • Ford Model: streetka
  • Year: 2005

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:11 AM

I have just bought the last 2 hardtop with fixing kits that Ford have in the UK.

HOWEVER, although I have a detailed diagram and fixing instructions as well as the fixing instructions for the wiring to go behind the dash they have omitted to put the wiring in the hardtop kit...

I have to fix the brackets,(diagram supplied), then find someone who will be able to retro-fit me a connection for the electrics in the Hardtop as Ford tell me the wires from the dash/ fusebox are no longer available from Ford and would have to come from Germany but they think they are no longer made...

Would anyone have any ideas on running a connection through the car to supply the after-market Hardtop I have just purchased please?

Im quite angry really as in the booklet accompanying the hardtop and fixing brackets etc  the wiring is clearly noted as being in the kits I purchased.... But hey, ive got a hardtop now, just need the rear heater powering up...Can anyone help??? 07402 871226  

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users