Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hardtop Wiring

Streetkagirl

I have just bought a hardtop for 54 reg streetka. I have to fit brackets- thats ok. But can anyone help me as to where the heated rear screen plugs in- a long length of wire came with it as well as that connected to the hard top. Fuses tell me it is same as wiper washer but where is the connection ? Any help I would be grateful for.

Have a look behind the passenger's seat. To the right of the central lockable panel, in the corner just behind the door opening, there's a black cable clipped into place with a connector on the end. That's where lead from the roof will plug in.

I'll see if I can take a photo of it tomorrow if you can't spot it.

Nick

Have a look behind the passenger's seat. To the right of the central lockable panel, in the corner just behind the door opening, there's a black cable clipped into place with a connector on the end. That's where lead from the roof will plug in.

I'll see if I can take a photo of it tomorrow if you can't spot it.

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Can you confirm which type of '54 Streetka you have please.

Did you buy the brackets or were they already fitted ?

If you did not have the hardtop from factory fit (purchased afterwards) the wiring for the rear screen is not fitted.

Hope this helps

Gris

• 1 year later...

Is there no-one out there who knows anything concerning this fitting behind dashboard for connecting the adapter harness for a hard-top for a streetka?

Is there no-one out there who knows anything concerning this fitting behind dashboard for connecting the adapter harness for a hard-top for a streetka?

• 11 months later...

I have just bought the last 2 hardtop with fixing kits that Ford have in the UK.

HOWEVER, although I have a detailed diagram and fixing instructions as well as the fixing instructions for the wiring to go behind the dash they have omitted to put the wiring in the hardtop kit...

I have to fix the brackets,(diagram supplied), then find someone who will be able to retro-fit me a connection for the electrics in the Hardtop as Ford tell me the wires from the dash/ fusebox are no longer available from Ford and would have to come from Germany but they think they are no longer made...

Would anyone have any ideas on running a connection through the car to supply the after-market Hardtop I have just purchased please?

Im quite angry really as in the booklet accompanying the hardtop and fixing brackets etc the wiring is clearly noted as being in the kits I purchased.... But hey, ive got a hardtop now, just need the rear heater powering up...Can anyone help??? 07402 871226

• 6 years later...
On 10/26/2013 at 6:01 AM, davisspj said:

although I have a detailed diagram and fixing instructions

Hi Shaun, ref your message, do you still have those diagrams. Are you willing to share them as I've just bought a hard top but the instructions are not present

• 9 months later...

HI i kniow that these posts were a while ago but does anyone have any solutions for the wiring issue and where to get the required loom from to wire in the heated rear screen ?

thanks

Jon

Hi, did anyone here find the way to wire hardtop using the ford loom. I bought a new loom from ford but it did'nt come with any information on where you plug in the end near to fuse box?  other end is simply attached to the roof wiring.

Any info, pictures or even a ford diagram would be most helpful

Simon

• 2 years later...

Hey Dan69, the diagram you posted is not available- any chance you could repost the wiring diagram for the StreetKa heated rear window in the factory hard top? Mine has been butchered/cut...

Cheers, Tim 

5 hours ago, eyuptim said:

the diagram you posted is not available

I think you'll find it is available, I've just this minute downloaded it to check. Are you using a Windows based laptop ?

page1.JPG

page2.JPG

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club