Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Screw Holes In Engine

Dave71

Hello,

I've just bought an '09 Focus Zetec 1.6 petrol.

After looking around under the bonnet, I noticed two brass screw holes on the top of the engine near the oil filler cap.

It didn't look right to me, like a cover or something is missing off the top; and I also wasn't sure if the holes need to be covered.

Is this normal, or is something missing?

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find an answer.

Thanks.

Hello,

I've just bought an '09 Focus Zetec 1.6 petrol.

After looking around under the bonnet, I noticed two brass screw holes on the top of the engine near the oil filler cap.

It didn't look right to me, like a cover or something is missing off the top; and I also wasn't sure if the holes need to be covered.

Is this normal, or is something missing?

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find an answer.

Thanks.

Hi, I'm new here too, having just bought an '08 car the same model as yours. Mine is just the same, and most pics of the engine bay around the net show the same thing, so I guess it's meant to be like that. I think earlier versions of this engine had a sort of decorative cover over the ignition leads etc which would have screwed into those brass screw holes (I used to have a Fiesta 1.25 whose engine was the same basic design and that had that cover) but I suppose Ford decided it wasn't needed..

I'm happy to be corrected if anyone knows better.

Hi, I'm new here too, having just bought an '08 car the same model as yours. Mine is just the same, and most pics of the engine bay around the net show the same thing, so I guess it's meant to be like that. I think earlier versions of this engine had a sort of decorative cover over the ignition leads etc which would have screwed into those brass screw holes (I used to have a Fiesta 1.25 whose engine was the same basic design and that had that cover) but I suppose Ford decided it wasn't needed..

I'm happy to be corrected if anyone knows better.

its for the ignition lead cover which can be purchased seperately all fords i believe have them mine does

Yep, on my 08 plate Focus its got the big plastic Ford cover that covers the whole top of the engine. With the oil filler poking through.

When I done the oil I remember taking those 2 screws out and pulling the cover off so I could get to the oil filter.

Thanks for all the helpful replies, that's put my mind at rest that nothing important is missing.

The engine is spookily clean; mind, that's probably because my previous was a 17 year old Golf.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club