Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Car In Car Wash

TitaniumTina

Hi,

I have just taken delivery of my new Fiesta Titanium. I have two questions, rather basic so apologies in advance.

I have the 'city pack' installed which closes the mirrors when I lock the car. But If I go through a carwash, I need to fold them in while still 'in' the car. The inside lock does not close them. How can I close them.

Also, it is an automatic. I take it that for a carwash I need to put in it N and not P.

:)

TT

When the knob for the mirrors is in the middle, press it either up or down (can't remember which) to fold the mirrors in. But please please don't take it into a car wash! Scratch heaven they are :(

As for the auto question, i'm not sure about that one.

Depends on the carwash - if it's static, then P. If it's the type that pulls the car through - such as the ARC machines - then N.

Alternatively of course - don't expose your new car to the paint killing carwashes!

Hi Tina, welcome to FOC.

As Mark says just move the mirror knob down\up when set in the centre to fold them in/out.

I have an auto too but wouldn't even consider putting it thru a car wash so not sure which position to put the shifter in. I always take mine to the jet wash and then dry it off after before driving off - always comes out stunning. (The 5hr car washers here are probably cringing at my 10 minute car washing technique lol)

Paul

edit - ah - what dan says :)

OH My LORD, please dont expose fresh brand new paint work to a carwash oh the swirl marks (feeling faint)........ anywho, put the mirror adjustor in the middle and push down to fold in, push down to fold out, simples :)

To fold your mirrors back you nudge the mirror control stalk DOWN once. To return back to normal use same method...DOWN once.(I do this before driving into garage) If you put them in using this method then get out and lock car....when you return they wont open as normal....not until you open them manually again. And I agree with others ...dont use auto car wash. A hand wash gives a better result.....and burns afew calories.

Thank you ALL very much indeed for the replies here.

I am now converted to the manual wash. Snday mornngs may never be the same :)

Much, much appreciated...

TT

Much, much appreciated...

TT

Goody good good, where about in Yorkshire are you from, always nice to have another person from Yorkshire on here!

yay for us yorkshire Mk7 owners!!!

PS I also got mine on the 11th =]

TT

but far more rewarding than risking a car wash, just get yourself down to Halfords and buy some good car shampoo like the Mequires NXT range :)

but far more rewarding than risking a car wash, just get yourself down to Halfords and buy some good car shampoo like the Mequires NXT range :)

Or look online - use an FOC discount code - and get an even better shampoo that lasts longer for less money.

Have I ever mentioned Dodo Juice Sour Power and Born to be Mild before? :lol:

Or look online - use an FOC discount code - and get an even better shampoo that lasts longer for less money.

Whats that :S never heard those words leave your mouth before :lol:

didn't know FOC have discount codes - can you point 'us' in the right direction please :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club