Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heated Washer Jets

irononreverse

I've just received some washer jets from the new focus, and they have the plugs for the ehetating element. I'm just wondering how I could wire them in, perhaps rig them up to go on with the heated windscreen or something?

Is there a cable that will plug straight in?

There is no plug n play I'm afraid, attaching to heated front window would work well tho :)

I ordered the non heated ones for my car then colour coded them, dont fancy chopping wires just yet

I thought I was ordering non heated too, but they arrivreed this morning hmabd have the plugs.

I've just tucked them behind the tubing, hopefully they won't rattle.

I thought I was ordering non heated too, but they arrivreed this morning hmabd have the plugs.

I've just tucked them behind the tubing, hopefully they won't rattle.

Just snip the wires as close to the washer jet as possible.

I'm keeping them in case I decide to wire them in further down the line. Heated jets would be a godsend in the winter.

Yes theyre the ones that mist, I got mine through D4nz0 on here, cost about £6 for the pair. I'd seen some heated ones on eBay for about £12 which is why I thought these ones were just standard.

They do seem to spray just a tiny bit wide so some goes off to the side, but travelling at speed I assume they'll all get directed to the windscreen.

The direction of the spray can be adjusted by getting a small pin and sticking it in the jet nozzle and moving it to where you want.

The price of these units are going up to around £30 a pair from Ford... thats UNPAINTED! seriously!!

I didn't realise you were getting heated ones sent mate.... but nice result for the same pice I guess eh! lol

It just seems to be solid plastic for the misters, it's a thin slit where the water comes out of. I'll try tweezing it.

From what I've heard heated and non-heated are the same price. £5.86 inc VAT for the pair at Ford dealers. Mine arrived yesterday just need to pick them up!

hahaha £30 a set, what rubbish. I ordered mine from the fords parts counter at £2.40 each for unheated, the heated were the exact same price.

hahaha £30 a set, what rubbish. I ordered mine from the fords parts counter at £2.40 each for unheated, the heated were the exact same price.

Apologies for saying £30.... I got the number wrong... however, they are going up to £18 for a pair soon. This news is directly from Ford. so please don't "what rubbish" me.

Thanks

Apologies for saying £30.... I got the number wrong... however, they are going up to £18 for a pair soon. This news is directly from Ford. so please don't "what rubbish" me.

Thanks

So technicaly that was rubbish then :P Sorry for causing offence man, when's the price increase happening? Just so I can order a few sets.

lol, yeah, accidental rubbish :D until I went and checked the info again.... but the only word I have is "soon". Potential investment there.

Got my job for tomorrow now :) order a good few sets.

Yeah, I've tried sticking my pin into the slits, doesn't look like they can be adjusted.

I take the 'new' spray style jets still leave dribbles all down the bonnet after you used them?

I wish Ford would mount them off the bonnet the same as Vauxhall and many other car manufactures, one of the few things I don't like about the Fiesta :angry:

not had any dribbles from mine yet, not that I've noticed anyway.

Mine dribbles like a baby, wasn't quite as drably with the old ones but I much prefers the coverage these musters give, so I'm staying with them.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club