• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Timnchell

Timnchell

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo TDCi Ghia X
Posted 24 December 2008 - 12:58 AM

Car has done 115,000 miles faultless apart from a clutch. Car starts and drives perfectly but then all of a sudden the temp gauge will drop to zero and the car loses a lot of power. No engine management light comes on . When the car is switched off and back on it is perfect for another few hundred miles then the same will happen. H E L P!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Timnchell

Timnchell

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Posted 03 January 2009 - 02:56 AM

Car has done 115,000 miles faultless apart from a clutch. Car starts and drives perfectly but then all of a sudden the temp gauge will drop to zero and the car loses a lot of power. No engine management light comes on . When the car is switched off and back on it is perfect for another few hundred miles then the same will happen. H E L P!

Now the management light on, replaced both thermostats and car is perfect Light has gone off fingers crossed!

#3 Timnchell

Timnchell

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Posted 10 January 2009 - 12:44 AM

Now the management light on, replaced both thermostats and car is perfect Light has gone off fingers crossed!

400 miles later still going strong. Oil cooler thermostat in side of water pump took an hour to fit and cost me 14.00 from the dealer! MPG is also back to normal.

#4 Timnchell

Timnchell

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Posted 25 January 2009 - 02:59 PM

400 miles later still going strong. Oil cooler thermostat in side of water pump took an hour to fit and cost me 14.00 from the dealer! MPG is also back to normal.

Guess what 1500 miles on and its gone pear shaped again! Bit the bullet and took a chance on the cht sensor.
My local dealer said it was not available as there is no stock! After 1 call to a dealer in Guildford they sent me one from London on a next day 35 in total. Not nice to fit. Cam Pulley has to be removed as it is behind it and you can only just get round one of the pipes. The sensor was bent and blue and all the wiring had gone hard from the heat . But on a plus side I did get to see the PAS belt was bad so got that changed as well . Happy Days!

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users