Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo TDCI Temp gauge issue 04

Timnchell

Car has done 115,000 miles faultless apart from a clutch. Car starts and drives perfectly but then all of a sudden the temp gauge will drop to zero and the car loses a lot of power. No engine management light comes on . When the car is switched off and back on it is perfect for another few hundred miles then the same will happen. H E L P!

• 2 weeks later...

Car has done 115,000 miles faultless apart from a clutch. Car starts and drives perfectly but then all of a sudden the temp gauge will drop to zero and the car loses a lot of power. No engine management light comes on . When the car is switched off and back on it is perfect for another few hundred miles then the same will happen. H E L P!

Now the management light on, replaced both thermostats and car is perfect Light has gone off fingers crossed!

Now the management light on, replaced both thermostats and car is perfect Light has gone off fingers crossed!

400 miles later still going strong. oil cooler thermostat in side of water pump took an hour to fit and cost me £14.00 from the dealer! MPG is also back to normal.

• 3 weeks later...
400 miles later still going strong. Oil cooler thermostat in side of water pump took an hour to fit and cost me £14.00 from the dealer! MPG is also back to normal.

Guess what 1500 miles on and its gone pear shaped again! Bit the bullet and took a chance on the cht sensor.

My local dealer said it was not available as there is no stock! After 1 call to a dealer in Guildford they sent me one from London on a next day £35 in total. Not nice to fit. Cam Pulley has to be removed as it is behind it and you can only just get round one of the pipes. The sensor was bent and blue and all the wiring had gone hard from the heat . But on a plus side I did get to see the PAS belt was bad so got that changed as well . Happy Days!