Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Good Deal? Ford Fiesta Style 2007 1.4 Tdci

Hi, im new on here so please be gentle with me. I can get my hands a Ford Fiesta Style 2007 1.4 tdci in red with alloys for approx £1300, But it has 98,000 miles on it. Does anyone know if it could be a good purchase, or is it a potential minefield due to the mileage? Im new to diesel cars and would really appreciate any help. Thanks, Dave

98,000 is very high. Diesels do cope better with mileage compared to petrols, but I'd suggest that's nearing the end of it's life (before your having to replace bits). It really depends on how it's been driven and looked after, and you can't really tell because the owner will most likely say anything to sell it. If you really want this one, then make sure you check out the service history, and get a good test drive in. I'm no expert on diesels but look out for leaks, make sure it feels smooth when driving.

What kind of budget do you have? (including running costs/insurance/tax etc)

Are there any other options?

If service history is complete the main thing is to go over it looking for worn suspension and brakes.

I tend to ignore mileage up to a point and concentrate on the condition of the car. Modern engines when serviced properly on time will do alot more than that old 100k and scrap it that people still cling to from yesteryear. have a good climb allover it and take a test drive.