Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Frozen White, Owners Opinions Pls

ffiscool

So, my brother now thinking of getting frozen White fiesta but I just wondered those of you with one, any regrets? Like when on a motorway and it's splattered with insects

or mud etc? My bro won't be washing it every week,

so I wonder if it will become a Wind up?

I have sea grey, I waited along time to get one second-hand while other colours were sold, including white on one occasion, I really wish I went for white, it's become my favourite colour now, and if I replace this with another Fiesta, it will deffo be in frozen white.

White/Light colour cars tend to look cleaner through the summer months, dust and sands aren't as visible, on a dark car it's a nightmare! You don't even have to drive mine in the summer to make it look dirty. It also shows streaks and spots from rain easily, whereas I think white would hide this better.

White/light cars suffer a bit more in the colder, wetter months. The wet dirt picked up from the road is dark, and therefore stands out more than it would on darker cars.

I'd say go for the white, you don't have to clean it every week unless you want it to look super clean. Just don't driver her off road, and be prepared to clean it on the weekend after a wet week.

What other colours are you looking at?

White never stays clean - the front of mine is bug central and covered in red streaks. Only get white if it's Zetec-S though ;)

If not getting the zetec s mud flaps are a real help, I have them on my zetec.

Also I regret getting the paint protection as I find it harder to clean the car and all the marks really show on white, might just be?

Had a wee motorway drive last weekend and yes, it was bug central blood everywhere! But saying that they tend to generally look cleaner compared to other cars like someone just said. My fave colour in the Fez by a mile and like Nathan says, get the Zs ;).

I have the white and wouldn't swap it for any other colour.

Yes, bugs and blood streaks are rubbish, but with some bug remover, you can clean the front end of the car in a minute.

White is by far the nicest colour when its clean, hence why I picked it..

It does look horrid when its wet weather, but a weekly clean will keep it looking fresh all the time.

I'm a bit anal about cleaning, I give it a pressure wash every day then full day clean at weekends.

White always seems to me like the owner couldn't afford to upgrade from the free option.

i still think white is the best colour! (especially for a zetec s), have a red one now and appreciate not having to clean it every week; but at that time tho, because it was white it HAD to be clean in my eyes!

thought it'd be good to have a change but everytime i see a white one i still think it looks the business! its a genuine crisp white and not creamy/beige white (yuk)

bug juice IS annoying, snow slush is too in the winter when your car turns grey... but basically, if it can stay in a reasonably clean state its worth it

If not getting the zetec s mud flaps are a real help, I have them on my zetec.

Also I regret getting the paint protection as I find it harder to clean the car and all the marks really show on white, might just be?

performance creations do mudflaps for the zs by the way. got a set fitted to mine. defo keeps the dirt spray to a minimum.

on a zs white is the way to go, would not order it in any other colour.

Properly protect the car and the bugs come off with no more difficulty than anything else - no need for a bug cleaner.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned white's masking qualities - swirls and paint imperfections are much harder to detect on white than just about any other colour. Black and other dark colours appear dusty and scratched much more easily.

I love my white - and I must say, it doesn't have to be a Zetec S to look good in white - mine looks better than any Zetec S :P

DanGle.... my white zs is properly protected. Bug juice still wants to stick to the layer of wax and isn't easy to shift for me

So, my brother now thinking of getting frozen White fiesta but I just wondered those of you with one, any regrets? Like when on a motorway and it's splattered with insects

or mud etc? My bro won't be washing it every week,

so I wonder if it will become a Wind up?

I had a white zetec s, wasn't sure at first if I had done the right thing but never looked back. At least when you clean it you can see all the marks and get them all off (including that very annoying tar!) As for the bugs, yes you do need a bit of elbow grease but I found that tar remover gets it off and doesn't harm your car. I liked white so much I have just ordered the Fiesta metal in frozen white. Your brother will love it!! it looks great when it isn't clean and fantastic when it is clean...

DanGle.... my white zs is properly protected. Bug juice still wants to stick to the layer of wax and isn't easy to shift for me

Thing is though - using a bug remover will mean that the wax layers will need to be replenished. I do everything I can to avoid having to use things as strong as bug removers - particularly on top-up details., as it just does away with the protection.

My suggestion would be that if you can't shift the bugs on a protected car - you need a new shampoo.

Previously had a Hot Magenta Zetec and now have a Frozen White Titanium. HM didn't need cleaned as often as the white, but when the white is clean it is stunning. Agree with Dan, proper protection and shampoo beats the bugs and not so much a prob with swirls

Hey Karen - good to see you about, don't see many around from when I was first here :(

thanks everyone... I agree.. and the white is stunning. I have HM myself, and love it, but white does seem to be the 'new black' these days.

just another question please, what would you recommend then as good cleaning/protection products to help with the bugs etc.. without it possibly taking off anything else it shouldnt?

thanks everyone... I agree.. and the white is stunning. I have HM myself, and love it, but white does seem to be the 'new black' these days.

just another question please, what would you recommend then as good cleaning/protection products to help with the bugs etc.. without it possibly taking off anything else it shouldnt?

for getting the bugs off i use. autosmart g101 and a microfibre cloth. either that or autosmart tardis has a great write up. once you have cleaned the bugs off give the car a hose down to make sure none of the product is left on.

the best solution is just keep on top of the cleaning. hose it down as much as possible. i do mine every day

About to order a new Ford Focus Titanium (equivalent to your Titanium X) and ditching the white. Had Diamond White on my MK6 Fiesta and now Frozen White on my MK7. Looks superb when clean, and doesn't show the dirt and swirls until your close, but when you are you can definitely see them. Plus I find the white looses its appeal in the sun (maybe not a problem for your guys as much as it is in Australia) but it looks, I dunno, plain jane, in the sun. Will try Moondust Silver this time.

But white has served me very well. Just hope silver concealed swirls better. Get the white though, looks sensational on the Fiesta!

Hey Karen - good to see you about, don't see many around from when I was first here :(

Thanks Dan - still browse, just don't post much anymore.

About to order a new Ford Focus Titanium (equivalent to your Titanium X) and ditching the white. Had Diamond White on my MK6 Fiesta and now Frozen White on my MK7. Looks superb when clean, and doesn't show the dirt and swirls until your close, but when you are you can definitely see them. Plus I find the white looses its appeal in the sun (maybe not a problem for your guys as much as it is in Australia) but it looks, I dunno, plain jane, in the sun. Will try Moondust Silver this time.

But white has served me very well. Just hope silver concealed swirls better. Get the white though, looks sensational on the Fiesta!

how are you cleaning your car?

there are ways to clean it where you wont get swirls, ive got none on mine and have cleaned it every day this last month (been off work)

the weekend clean is:

snowfoam

rinse

2 bucket method wash (microfibre mitt)

g101 car to remove tar, bugs,stains (microfibre cloth)

rinse

2 bucket method again(mitt)

dry (2X microfibre cloths)

polish (on with polish pad, off with microfibre)

wax(on with dodo juice foam aplicator, off with microfibre)

i know it sounds alot, the first few times it was 4-5 hours, but since wax has built up a good layer it takes about 2 hours to do. then just a daily powerwash or rinse with hose. main thing is dont use a brush, sponge or those drying blades, they just scratch your car to buggery

there are ways to clean it where you wont get swirls, ive got none on mine and have cleaned it every day this last month (been off work)

the weekend clean is:

snowfoam

rinse

rinse

i know it sounds alot, the first few times it was 4-5 hours, but since wax has built up a good layer it takes about 2 hours to do. then just a daily powerwash or rinse with hose. main thing is dont use a brush, sponge or those drying blades, they just scratch your car to buggery

Will give this ago tonight and post up the results. Inevitably though, where I am in Australia it's !Removed! dry, so any attempt to clean my car results in fine dust settling on it, which results in swirls. It's nothing major, and only really noticeable until you're close. That or I'm just plain stupid (land of convicts, of corse I am!). Hopefully the Focus won't end up like this HEHE :)

the weekend clean is:

snowfoam

rinse

rinse

I would question this method, for several reasons.

Firstly, waxing the car every week is overkill and a waste of product. You may come back with that you're layering - but if you're cleaning with g101 then you're not layering because the stuff isn't wax safe and you'll be stripping off your wax.

You're also not claying, which if you're going into this level of detail you should be in my opinion.

I would question this method, for several reasons.

Firstly, waxing the car every week is overkill and a waste of product. You may come back with that you're layering - but if you're cleaning with g101 then you're not layering because the stuff isn't wax safe and you'll be stripping off your wax.

You're also not claying, which if you're going into this level of detail you should be in my opinion.

the car got clayed the very first day i bought the car by myself. so wont need another clay for a good couple of months. the car is missing the full of winter ( off road nov untill april) so will get a full clean before i go and when i return.

i only wax with a weekend clean. the layer is there for the midweek cleaning, makes the grime alot easier to remove. then when weekend comes i give it another coat of wax after a big clean.

But that means you're only asking for 7 days worth of life from a coat of wax - to me that's a waste. If you're using Dodo waxes then you can expect 2-3 months out of them, as with something like AG HD. If you're using premium waxes (like BOS) then that's a serious amount of cash you're saying goodbye to every week.

If you don't use your APC as a bug remover - you could wax 2/3/4/5 weekends in a row, building up great layers of protection and then not have to wax again for months, and I guarantee that your cleaning will be even easier in between.

Just my 2p of course.