Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Badge Replaced

Lenny

Got an idea last week that the ford badge would look good if it was changed to focus with the same font as ford,

so got in contact with DMB.uk.com the lads worked their magic and made it happen for me, Brilliant Group

i think it looks good but my missus says it cheapens the car and makes a mockery of it ,

what do you guys reckon please, i wont be offended :lol:

Image0788.jpg

Looks very good :D

Thanks mate, i just thought of it mysel had not saw it anywhere, wasnt sure if she was rite on this one so

i think i need a new missus :D

Hi, I like it, you could debadge the tailgate from all the clutter apart from that one, nice...

Chris

• Like 1

Thanks mate, i just thought of it mysel had not saw it anywhere, wasnt sure if she was rite on this one so

i think i need a new missus :D

lmao yes good idea , send Missus to DMB and exchange for a few hundred Badges and we can sell them :D

But yes the new badge looks very good m8

• Like 1

i'm searching Alibaba.com under Ford, there are loads of little addons that i'm coming across including DRL spots ,Angel eye lights , grills , Audio equip, etc etc , All from China some have min order requirement but they are all very cheap

• Like 1

Regarding Wife's , for my 40th belovid wife got me a Private plate , well when i got the Focus i kept my plate , but old holes were out , so i ordered some new plates , haha this time i was able to have more information on them so i have my Name "Paul" bottom left and bottom right i have "Focus Titanium"............ She hates it haha.

I do like these though:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/272765312/Door_Sill_With_Light_For_Ford.html

• Like 1

i'm searching Alibaba.com under Ford, there are loads of little addons that i'm coming across including DRL spots ,Angel eye lights , grills , Audio equip, etc etc , All from China some have min order requirement but they are all very cheap

Cheers for the link, im just looking at the site now its very good, i always thought eBay was the only place for stuff. thanks :D

Regarding Wife's , for my 40th belovid wife got me a Private plate , well when i got the Focus i kept my plate , but old holes were out , so i ordered some new plates , haha this time i was able to have more information on them so i have my Name "Paul" bottom left and bottom right i have "Focus Titanium"............ She hates it haha.

I do like these though:

http://www.alibaba.c...t_For_Ford.html

:lol: my cars number 1 too my wife hates me waxing the car, hates eBay, hates the postman for delivering my purchased items from eBay :lol: and any modification i plan to do to the car including wind deflectors, and if im looking for tools around the house i can never find them, or mobile phone chargers, she moves everthing, i ask wheres the charger she replys in the drawer, but theirs 6 drawers :rolleyes:

i like the scuff plates, i have the same ones without the lights just embossed focus, they dont stick very well although it says 3m sticky pads, i had to buy extra pads to keep them down.

looks decent enough, i reckon its like marmite, you either love it or hate it...

i like the LED one someone posted...thought it would look class on the back with my LED lit reg plate.

is there any screws with the ford badge, i debadged the rest like "focus" "tdci" and they just stuck on, is it the same?

looks decent enough, i reckon its like marmite, you either love it or hate it...

i like the LED one someone posted...thought it would look class on the back with my LED lit reg plate.

is there any screws with the ford badge, i debadged the rest like "focus" "tdci" and they just stuck on, is it the same?

i Think theirs a clip type screw in the centre of it, the led one may come with a fitting kit,

my badge is a gel overlay, i put it on over the existing one with a hair dryer,

thanks for the comments.

:)

John i have just got off talking with a Rep in China about those badge lights, i have found an even better one on there, 2 tone, displays white , then when you brake it turns red :D , there are also blue/red as well , i have the online shop now they are full of loads of lights haha. Those lights stick on and then you stick the ford badge on the top , i will have to measure the badge against what they say the size is , then decide if i want one or not . haha

Light up back with Lennys Focus badge would look good i think .

*EDIT*

Looking at the ford badge and the light background , it looks to me that the background light would not fit in the place of the ford badge as it is slightly bigger then the ford badge , and the badge then sits on the light , so the indentation for the badge does not look bige enough , i will have to check it out i think.

*EDIT*2

here is the link to them.

http://angeno.en.alibaba.com/search/product?IndexArea=product_en&SearchText=ford+badge+light

• Like 1

i just clicked, wouldnt there be a legal implecation to show blue lights on your car and also showing white light on the rear when they ask for red? i hope that made some sense.

Yes i would imagine Blue is a no no , White i'm not so sure about as Number plate lights are white, it would depend on how bright they are , as for changing to red when you Brake then i would not see that as a porblem.

But they seem to be 11.3cm x 4.4cm , which means looking at Lennys badge , there does not seem any space aroung the badge , so i don't think they would fit as the Badges are approx 10cm x 4cm.

So i'm guessing these would only be good for fitting on a flat surface or maybe the bumper.

I'll measure exact space available when laptop burns a whole in my leg and i have to move lol.

• Like 1

yeah i see your point, but i can remember my dad had a car and one of the colour filters to turn the lights red was bust and was showing a little white through and he got pulled over and fined by the police.

i cant see a problem with white light or any other colour like blue, if its just a glow and you cant seen the bulbs itself....hmmm...something to ponder over.

For the white you could add a Resister to reduce brightness to a glow if it was to bright, the red i think would be fine. But i'm not a police officer so no idea haha.

• Like 1

For the white you could add a Resister to reduce brightness to a glow if it was to bright, the red i think would be fine. But i'm not a police officer so no idea haha.

This post is in response to the chrome rings for the fan controls, i responded to the wrong post:

I thought it would be overkill mate too tacky but that seller does have some quality surrounds for the Speakers, dash vents and the glove box, :)

The resistor would work very well

But they seem to be 11.3cm x 4.4cm , which means looking at Lennys badge , there does not seem any space aroung the badge , so i don't think they would fit as the Badges are approx 10cm x 4cm.

So i'm guessing these would only be good for fitting on a flat surface or maybe the bumper.

I'll measure exact space available when laptop burns a whole in my leg and i have to move lol.

You could get DMB to Manufacture a badge smaller to fit the required size and the clear lens seems to me to be a pice of oval perspecs with 2 leds in the centre, when illumitanted it lights up the edges like fibre-optics, thus you could trim it down with a sander and smooth with a short run of the blow torch to buff the outer ring. blue would be a no no but white would be fine.

Good idea Lenny.

I have just measured the badge , i was wrong haha, its 14.5cm x 6cm , i'll look again to see if they have that size.

This one would fit if they do White/Red and not the blue

http://angeno.en.alibaba.com/product/475547716-210849481/Two_tone_Ford_car_led_badge_light.html

How much was the Gel overlay lenny ,if you dont mind me asking

• Like 1

Good idea Lenny.

I have just measured the badge , i was wrong haha, its 14.5cm x 6cm , i'll look again to see if they have that size.

This one would fit if they do White/Red and not the blue

http://angeno.en.ali...adge_light.html

if your buying, get a few and purchase a couple custom cut DMB badge's stick the complete item on eBay ireland for 30euro as no one over here has heard of DMB, and im the only paddy on this club :lol: you could list them for 40euro a piece, i have the haynes manual if you need reference to cable links

I'll contact them tomorrow , see what sort of deal i can get with postage and maybe take a chance haha , Then if other members are interested in them, i can order a few White/Red.But first i'll just get the one incase they are rubbish haha or blow first time i hit the brake :D

• Like 1

I'll contact them tomorrow , see what sort of deal i can get with postage and maybe take a chance haha , Then if other members are interested in them, i can order a few White/Red.But first i'll just get the one incase they are rubbish haha or blow first time i hit the brake :D

Some can bus resistors would be a good idea, in case it doesn't light at all or blows, you would need 2 one to regulate the white bulb and one to regulate the brake, their a single cable either end and filter the positive feed to the bulb.

better safe than sorry, they will regulate voltage and also prevent fire or over heating, ;)