Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

suz

Fuel Additive Empty

4 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I own a 05 plate focus - 1.6 TDCI

It has done 80k miles and had its last service in June

For the past few weeks I keep getting the red warning light come on and the display reads "engine systems fault"

As I was on holiday my mum took it it the garage and two fault codes were returned

P2585 and P2458

The mechanic said it was down to the fuel additive regeneration container being empty.

What I wanted to know was is this something that should have been checked at the service, and also since it was empty is there any damage that could have been caused to the car?

Thank you in advance

Suzy

The ELOYS additive shopuld be checked every 37.5 thousand mile service, the DPF should be replaced at 75 thousand.

The fluid is pretty expensive so be warned.

The ELOYS additive shopuld be checked every 37.5 thousand mile service, the DPF should be replaced at 75 thousand.

The fluid is pretty expensive so be warned.

Yeah he has re-filled it already and was a bit surprise at the bill put it that way! :blink:

So should the Ford dealer hace checked it at 75k one then? Think I shall be giving them a call on Monday!!

Thank you

Yes in a nutshell. You can see/download the service schedule direct from Ford.

Here