Photo
- - - - -

Anyone Who Has A Fiesta Mk7 With Alloy Wheels Please Read And Vote.

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Poll: Buckled wheels? (163 member(s) have cast votes)

Have you had buckled wheels and if so which type are they?

1. 15 inch zetec STD wheels (9 votes [5.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

2. 16 inch titanium STD wheels (15 votes [9.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.26%

3. 16 inch 7 spoke wheels (10 votes [6.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.17%

4. Zetec s STD wheels. (4 votes [2.47%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.47%

5. 17 inch sport pack alloys (26 votes [16.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.05%

6. Other ford alloys (4 votes [2.47%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.47%

7. No buckling issues with my ford alloys. (94 votes [58.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 58.02%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 antman99

antman99

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 Titanium 1.6 TDCI

Posted 20 August 2011 - 10:02 PM

Ok so long story short today went to have a puncture fixed however turned out to be a buckled wheel, lucky not to have a blow out!

So I'm currently arguing with ford and I know people on here have had problems, what I want to do is compile a poll of what wheels people have had problems with and if you have had a problem please post a reply.

Although I don't hold much hope I have a contact who works directly for the exec team and who usually is helpful and I want to be able to provide her with numbers I'm regards to who have had buckled wheels and who has not.

Also if you want post a reply with any feedback.

Mods i know there is other threads but to make a plausible argument I need to start from scratch.

Please keep this honest aswell as correct.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 PumpkinSteve

PumpkinSteve

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 287 posts
  • Name: Steven
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium 1.6 125ps
  • Year: 2011

Posted 21 August 2011 - 07:16 AM

Thread title is misleading, you're asking if anyone has alloy wheels and then at the top of the poll "have you and if so what type of wheels?". People are going to vote for which alloys they have because of the way you've phrased the question, you haven't asked if people have had buckled wheels.

#3 cyb

cyb

Too much time on the boards

• FOC Supporters
  • 548 posts
  • Name: Colin
  • Ford Model: fiesta 1.4tdci
  • Year: 2009

Posted 21 August 2011 - 08:17 AM

T People are going to vote for which alloys they have because of the way you've phrased the question, you haven't asked if people have had buckled wheels.

very true, I wasn't sure if you wanted to know what wheel style I have or if I had a buckled wheel. I think you should have given us the opportunity to vote for two items, that way we could vote for a wheel style and if or not had suffered any damage. Although I have to say I think there are sufficient threads on this subject already to gauge what style etc.

#4 antman99

antman99

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 08:52 AM

I have now renamed the question hopefully that will help, I appreciate there are other threads but I need consolidated figures to quote.

Thanks all.

#5 PumpkinSteve

PumpkinSteve

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 287 posts
  • Name: Steven
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium 1.6 125ps
  • Year: 2011

Posted 21 August 2011 - 10:36 AM

:) voted.

#6 mick88

mick88

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Name: Mick
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec 1.25 3dr Mk7
  • Year: 2010

Posted 21 August 2011 - 11:59 AM

Voted, 15 inch Zetec's, no issue's with them

#7 wealdman

wealdman

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.6 Ti VCT Titanium
Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:41 PM

Voted. More to come on my wheel and tyre saga in the "Yet another buckled wheel" thread soon.

#8 calmcdermott

calmcdermott

Area Rep: Northeast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Name: Callum
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta ST500
  • Year: 2008

Posted 22 August 2011 - 12:21 PM

Iv'e voted as well, I have developed wheel wobble and i suspect its the passenger front wheel from the lovely pot holes

#9 mikester

mikester

Drive it like a Granny

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
Posted 22 August 2011 - 01:17 PM

Not looking promising

#10 DanGull

DanGull

Area Rep: Midlands (Despite owning a Seat)

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,229 posts
  • Ford Model: Formerly a Mk7 Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TiVCT now a Seat Leon FR+ 2.0TDI 170
  • Year: 2014

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:25 PM

Iv'e voted as well, I have developed wheel wobble and i suspect its the passenger front wheel from the lovely pot holes

While this may be due to buckling - I got wheel wobble due to a thrown wheel weight, so it could just be you need balancing.

#11 matty076

matty076

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Name: matt
  • Ford Model: fiesta titanium

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:22 PM

voted 16 titaniums :)

#12 SOrchard

SOrchard

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Name: Simon
  • Ford Model: MK7 Fiesta Titanium 1.6(120)
  • Year: 2010

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:46 PM

17" Street Pack wheel buckled, but I did hit a mahoosive pot-hole at 75+ so I can't really blame the quality of the wheel casting.

#13 Colleen

Colleen

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: Colleen
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:54 PM

On the 14 Nov 09 I bought a Ford Fiesta Titanium from new. On the 26 Jul 10 it had a service with a Ford dealer which highlighted the vehicle had 3 buckled alloy wheels (nearside front, offside front and rear). The alloys had no other evidence of damage i.e. dents, scratches. Also present was a knock on the steering wheel, the steering was investigated and no further problem was found.

I reported this issue to Dagenham Motors and Ford Customer Relations and on 12 Aug 10 I wrote to the Customer Service Director as suggested by Trading Standards. I never received a formal reply and decided to pay to have the alloys replaced. This cost in excess of 700.

I felt that there was sufficient proof that the alloys (16 x 6.5 15 spoke 195/45) were not of satisfactory quality but the cause was always attributed to pot holes. After months of telephone calls and a couple of letters I was resigned to accept that nothing would be resolved.

On the 26 Nov 2011 the car was taken into a Ford dealer for a central locking issue. I also asked them to explore the steering as the knock seemed to be louder. That afternoon I received a telephone call stating that the front nearside and offside alloys were buckled and needed to be replaced. I did not have the work done and collected my car a week later.

Again I logged this with Ford Customer Relations who liaised with the ford dealer for a solution. I expressed my thanks for their efforts but they were unable to resolve the issue for me. I was offered a free service.

I am extremely concerned with the safety of and the quality of the vehicle. I do not think replacing 5 alloys in less than 2 years is acceptable. The car is primarily used on the motorways and is in excellent condition. It has full Ford service history and the car has never been involved in an incident. At present the buckled alloys remain on the vehicle.

#14 antman99

antman99

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:23 PM

Colleen, I am not surpised to hear this and there lies my major problem , if i thought for a minute the problem would be fixed if I brought two new wheels fine id be annoyed but I would like with it, but the chances are if I buy 2 more replacements it will just happen again, I'm just driving with them buckled and if they get any worse I will have to buy third party alloys but it just annoys me in a car that is now only just over a year old the wheels are buckled, Iv tried every avenue with Ford and have had enough so all I can do is try and find some alloys that the OEM Ford logo will fit in because I hate the aftermarket look.

Ant.

#15 andyedge

andyedge

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Name: Andy
  • Ford Model: Panther Black Fiesta Metal 2012
  • Year: 2012

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:13 AM

Just to add another twist to the buckled wheels saga. Took my ZS TDCi with 17" Streetpack wheels in for her 2nd service & was told by my local Ford dealer that one of the front wheels was buckled. This was along with both front tyres being close to the limit & one of the rears having a nail in the tyre which couldn't be repaired.

I decided to get a new wheel & 4 new Bridgestone tyres from elsewhere as Ford's prices for these were far from the cheapest option, no surprise there :rolleyes:

The new wheel & tyres were fitted at a local garage who said they could not see any significant buckle in the supposed buckled front wheel. I asked them to fit the new wheel anyway & put the one remaining good tyre on this wheel as a spare.

So now I have an expensive full size spare thanks to Ford :angry:

So it may just be worth getting a 2nd opinion before replacing your "buckled" wheels.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users