Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone Who Has A Fiesta Mk7 With Alloy Wheels Please Read And Vote.

antman99

Buckled wheels?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. Have you had buckled wheels and if so which type are they?

• 15 inch zetec STD wheels
    • 16 inch titanium STD wheels
    • 16 inch 7 spoke wheels
    • Zetec s STD wheels.
    • 17 inch sport pack alloys
    • Other ford alloys
    • No buckling issues with my ford alloys.

Hi all, we have a 2010 Fiesta Titanium 1.6TDCi with 16" 7-spoke alloys. It had its 2nd service today at 14000 miles and 3 of the wheels are bucked!

The wheels/tyres have only had summer/spring/autumn use as we have a set of steels with winter tyres which stay on the car from November till March.

Is this a common problem? I've never had this issue before in 26 years of driving - especially 3 wheels. Are the wheels made of plastercine?

Has anyone managed to get Ford to acknowledge the fault and sort it under goodwill or warranty.

• 4 weeks later...

Had my major service on Tuesday (37.5k)

Came back with 3 out of the 4 alloys are buckled (and 1 with tyre bulge!)

I only put these on last week :( Were 2nd hand from eBay and had a lot of curb damage (had them refurbed now) so probably had a hard life.

Dealer said there is no action required at this point as it is not causing problems, just have a duty to inform me.

• 1 year later...

I have been driving for a number of years and have never known potholes to be so bad. Judging by the posts by Fiesta owners,

there certainly appears to be a serious problem but it may well be worth doing some research on other makes of cars to see if

the owners of these are experiencing problems with their wheels. Before I bought my new Fiesta three month ago I had five newcars in the previous ten years including three Peugeots and one Citroen and never had a problem with buckled wheels (but thenthe pothole problem was not as bad as it is now).

• 3 weeks later...

Seriously guys, this topic was last posted in in 2012. Why resurrect an old thread unless you have problems with the alloys?

• 1 month later...

Hi Willy that's not good was it a large pot hole ? or are the new 17" wheels on the soft side?

I've hit some large holes in the last few months so expected some damage. The new fiesta wheels are a lot better than the older firsta. The new 17s took a lot of pounding and only suffered one dent.

There was no air loss or balancing issues.

Hi Willy that's good to know as when/if i change will have 5 door Titanium X 17" wheels and full dress up kit 125 ps eco .

• 9 months later...

Voted,nothing yet,what are ''street pack alloys'' as mine are the 17'' ZS but was the X-PACK upgrade alloys.

Are these the same alloys.

Voted,nothing yet,what are ''street pack alloys'' as mine are the 17'' ZS but was the X-PACK upgrade alloys.

Are these the same alloys.

As far as I'm aware these are the street pack alloys

post-54862-142116410675_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

As far as I'm aware these are the street pack alloys

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByFord OC1421164107.122397.jpg

Well aint they mine as on my picture, which are stated ZETEC S 17'' alloys which was the upgrade when the other person had my car from new,if so is the X-PACK what i was told,is it the STREET PACK.

I thought they were standard 17'' alloys on the ZS.

What are your alloys jace? Have you got a photo? They could be aftermarket, or could no longer be listed for spares on the ford parts website, there's only two 17" and the other is the 7.5, either way I haven't heard wonderful things about any of the mk7 alloys (standard zetec excluded for some bizarre reason), it's fairly common knowledge just a quick Google will show reams of results, both in the standard press (auto express and the like) to other forums like this one and this one

Street pack / X Pack and Zetec S 17" wheels were all the same mate

Street pack / X Pack and Zetec S 17" wheels were all the same mate

Cheers mate,that's solved,never had a problem and been down some bad pot holes.

post-52758-0-61473300-1421167296_thumb.j

Cheers mate,that's solved,never had a problem and been down some bad pot holes.

attachicon.gifIMG_0230.JPG

They would have been my first choice for rims, but we don't get them here, I have the standard Titanium 16" rims and to be honest I think they do ride a bit hard on the 45's, I think once my tires are worn I'll change to 50 as I have seen on the facelift 16" rims

I've got 16", 5 x 2-spoke alloys on my Fiesta van and I swear they are made of soap! In the 9 years that I owned my old alloy wheeled Focus, I NEVER had a buckled or dinged wheel, but the Fiesta? TWICE in the 18 months that I've owned it!

Now, this may also have something to do with it having narrow profile tyres (the Focus didn't) but ye gods! I've seriously considered changing the darn things to something more sturdy!

AAARGH!!!

They would have been my first choice for rims, but we don't get them here, I have the standard Titanium 16" rims and to be honest I think they do ride a bit hard on the 45's, I think once my tires are worn I'll change to 50 as I have seen on the facelift 16" rims

The ride is a bit harder and a bit noisy but they was on when i had the car 3 months ago,i just get use of it.

.........Don't look at the bad locking nuts.....tried to clean :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club