Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pinking

coll247

what can cause my focus to pink and rattle i thought the knock sensor stopped it from doing that.

what can cause my focus to pink and rattle i thought the knock sensor stopped it from doing that.

perhaps dirty filter or blockage in the fuel injectors, firstly try run some redex or STP fuel cleaner through the system,

if you have never used this before, there are two types one for petrol and one for diesel, put the described amount in to your fuel tank just before you insert the nozzle to fill with fuel, run the tank to nearly empty before refuelling again to achieve best results.

as if you add more fuel half way through the tank full that has the cleaner in it this will dilute the mix and be less effective at cleaning,

id perform the clean before attempting to get the filter changed as the cleaner will run the dirt from your tank to the filter thus a clean tank, pipes and injectors, ready for a new filter

If you have a choice in brand id go for the redex although don’t put in the whole bottle as it will smoke like a jet in the sky, trust me a mate of mine done it before, didn’t read instructions, he didn’t damage the car but fogged the road everywhere he went .

you should be able to purchase from any motor factors or petrol station, i think even Tesco sell it. Also please note to check your engine oil level more often for the duration of the tank as it could use more oil during the cycle process, but when complete you car should run smoother and less fuel. As their wont be any blockages.

its add some fuel cleaner in changed fuel filter air filter is OK could knock sensor be Brok or could it be because i have changed fuel run it on v-power now run it on normal from jet.

its add some fuel cleaner in changed fuel filter air filter is OK could knock sensor be Brok or could it be because i have changed fuel run it on v-power now run it on normal from jet.

not all engines have a knock sensor, my old 2001 1.6 focus didnt.

mine as got one i can see it behind the inlet manifold.

Was there any pinking with the v power?

sounds to me like the knock sensor is not detecting it or the ecu is not changing the ignition for some reason

no it was not pinking on v-power it was OK. it as only started doing it when i put normal unleaded in again.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club