Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Don

Selective windscreen demister

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

I hope you all had a great Xmas.

Today's little problem is that I seem to have only half of the electric windscreen demister working! ( passenger/nearside ) Is this possible, common, rare, unlikey or should I change my psychiatrist? Any clues would be greatly appreciated.

I wish you all a fantastic New Year.

Regards,

hi i have same problem, but mine is the nearside is not working, the screen has 2 feeds i have checked fuses both ok i have had the plastic cover off under screen both connectors and plugs/sockets look ok so i am stuck :huh: any more suggestions would be greatl appreciated :unsure:

Probably one of the element wires in the screen is broken. Only fix is a new screen, not cheap

cant believe 1 broken wire would stop the whole thong working :(

Hello again,

Thanks for the replies; jam, I seem to be in the same boat as you, I've found both fuses and they seem to be OK, I've bought what I think is a replacement from Motorworld but I haven't tried to fit it yet, 40 amp but the case looks a bit big. If replacing the fuse doesn't work then it may be that SY is going to be right!! What a New Year's pressy ?

I'll let you know how I get on.

Regards,

cant believe 1 broken wire would stop the whole thong working :(

The windscreen has 2 constant wire element running through the glass. One on the left side one on the right. It gets warm by power flowing through it. If that one wire gets even a tiny crack in it it cant conduct the power therefore it doesnt get warm and doesnt work. The other side though is a seperate wire so will still work. Basic physics really buddy

someone i work with has a r reg mondeo an his heated screen works apart from 3 lines like a rear one does when one line is brike?

someone i work with has a r reg mondeo an his heated screen works apart from 3 lines like a rear one does when one line is brike?

Yep and guaranteed its close to the middle of the screen where the 3 lines are missed???

I'm not taking wild guesses here mate, this is whats wrong with it, 100% certain

Yep and guaranteed its close to the middle of the screen where the 3 lines are missed???

I'm not taking wild guesses here mate, this is whats wrong with it, 100% certain

You can get one of those ceramic heaters from Halfords or other Discount ceters they blow warm to hot air in a direction made by you onto the screen you want demisting.

not expensicve only bout £10