#1 Don

Don

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus C-Max 2.0ltr diesel
Posted 27 December 2008 - 04:44 PM

Hi,

I hope you all had a great Xmas.

Today's little problem is that I seem to have only half of the electric windscreen demister working! ( passenger/nearside ) Is this possible, common, rare, unlikey or should I change my psychiatrist? Any clues would be greatly appreciated.

I wish you all a fantastic New Year.
Regards,

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 jam-cmax

jam-cmax

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Ford Model: c max 1.6 tdci
Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:54 PM

hi i have same problem, but mine is the nearside is not working, the screen has 2 feeds i have checked fuses both ok i have had the plastic cover off under screen both connectors and plugs/sockets look ok so i am stuck :huh: any more suggestions would be greatl appreciated :unsure:

#3 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford
Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:02 PM

Probably one of the element wires in the screen is broken. Only fix is a new screen, not cheap

#4 jam-cmax

jam-cmax

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:19 PM

cant believe 1 broken wire would stop the whole thong working :(

#5 Don

Don

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus C-Max 2.0ltr diesel
Posted 05 January 2009 - 08:45 PM

Hello again,

Thanks for the replies; jam, I seem to be in the same boat as you, I've found both fuses and they seem to be OK, I've bought what I think is a replacement from Motorworld but I haven't tried to fit it yet, 40 amp but the case looks a bit big. If replacing the fuse doesn't work then it may be that SY is going to be right!! What a New Year's pressy ?
I'll let you know how I get on.

Regards,

#6 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:38 PM

cant believe 1 broken wire would stop the whole thong working :(

The windscreen has 2 constant wire element running through the glass. One on the left side one on the right. It gets warm by power flowing through it. If that one wire gets even a tiny crack in it it cant conduct the power therefore it doesnt get warm and doesnt work. The other side though is a seperate wire so will still work. Basic physics really buddy

#7 jam-cmax

jam-cmax

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Posted 06 January 2009 - 03:52 PM

someone i work with has a r reg mondeo an his heated screen works apart from 3 lines like a rear one does when one line is brike?

#8 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:02 PM

someone i work with has a r reg mondeo an his heated screen works apart from 3 lines like a rear one does when one line is brike?

Yep and guaranteed its close to the middle of the screen where the 3 lines are missed???

I'm not taking wild guesses here mate, this is whats wrong with it, 100% certain

#9 ginner999

ginner999

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:41 PM

Yep and guaranteed its close to the middle of the screen where the 3 lines are missed???

I'm not taking wild guesses here mate, this is whats wrong with it, 100% certain

You can get one of those ceramic heaters from Halfords or other Discount ceters they blow warm to hot air in a direction made by you onto the screen you want demisting.
not expensicve only bout 10

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users