Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Selective windscreen demister

Don

Hi,

I hope you all had a great Xmas.

Today's little problem is that I seem to have only half of the electric windscreen demister working! ( passenger/nearside ) Is this possible, common, rare, unlikey or should I change my psychiatrist? Any clues would be greatly appreciated.

I wish you all a fantastic New Year.

Regards,

• 2 weeks later...

hi i have same problem, but mine is the nearside is not working, the screen has 2 feeds i have checked fuses both ok i have had the plastic cover off under screen both connectors and plugs/sockets look ok so i am stuck :huh: any more suggestions would be greatl appreciated :unsure:

Hello again,

Thanks for the replies; jam, I seem to be in the same boat as you, I've found both fuses and they seem to be OK, I've bought what I think is a replacement from Motorworld but I haven't tried to fit it yet, 40 amp but the case looks a bit big. If replacing the fuse doesn't work then it may be that SY is going to be right!! What a New Year's pressy ?

I'll let you know how I get on.

Regards,

cant believe 1 broken wire would stop the whole thong working :(

The windscreen has 2 constant wire element running through the glass. One on the left side one on the right. It gets warm by power flowing through it. If that one wire gets even a tiny crack in it it cant conduct the power therefore it doesnt get warm and doesnt work. The other side though is a seperate wire so will still work. Basic physics really buddy

someone i work with has a r reg mondeo an his heated screen works apart from 3 lines like a rear one does when one line is brike?

someone i work with has a r reg mondeo an his heated screen works apart from 3 lines like a rear one does when one line is brike?

Yep and guaranteed its close to the middle of the screen where the 3 lines are missed???

I'm not taking wild guesses here mate, this is whats wrong with it, 100% certain

• 1 month later...
Yep and guaranteed its close to the middle of the screen where the 3 lines are missed???

I'm not taking wild guesses here mate, this is whats wrong with it, 100% certain

You can get one of those ceramic heaters from Halfords or other Discount ceters they blow warm to hot air in a direction made by you onto the screen you want demisting.

not expensicve only bout £10

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club