Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

What Can I Do To Get A Few More Bhp

Joshy

Look I have a 1.4 53 plate zetec fiesta but my friends all have 1.6 Honda civics I need a few more bhp to keep up any ideas ?

Look I have a 1.4 53 plate zetec fiesta but my friends all have 1.6 Honda civics I need a few more bhp to keep up any ideas ?

Find some new friends or start car pooling :lol:

Tie a rope from your car to theres and that way you will be able to keep up with them :lol:

I cheers

sorry mate, ill have a more responsible answer for you in the morning, a remap costs around £250 but gains on a N/A will only be 10-15 BHP with a remap and a K&N Filter,

De-cat pipe maybe a further 6bhp Gains

if the car was a turbo you could expect 30-45Bhp gains from just a remap and filter, not really that much more mate unless you prepared to rebuild the whole engine with uprated valves and pistons which would not be viable as would cost a bomb

your not going to reach the power of a 1.6 Jap, but the plus side is you dont have the running costs of a 1.6 jap or the expense when the get sick of running on the 95% octaine fuel and miss the jap stuff requiring a remap for the 95 octaine

and if you try to drive yours like a 1.6V-tec you will end up replacing valves and pistons because you have to rather than as an upgrade.

I just got a phone call his car is seized of his section 59 I am on my way to pick him up

I just got a phone call his car is seized of his section 59 I am on my way to pick him up

What? :blink:

Cheers mate I am going to get a k&n air filter and get a bigger intake and exhaust manifold do you think a 4-2-1 maifold will be the best one ?

Yep he's in my car now he us just laughing weirdo haha

Cheers mate I am going to get a k&n air filter and get a bigger intake.

Sorry chap but this will not make your car go any faster, might add 3bhp to it but if you can tell the difference with just 3bhp extra your kidding yourself. A 1.4 is what it is - save your cash for your next motor which hopefully will have a bigger engine, meanwhile improve your driving style and ability, there's more to driving than going fast :)

Cheers mate I am going to get a k&n air filter and get a bigger intake and exhaust manifold do you think a 4-2-1 maifold will be the best one ?

yes the 4-2-1 is the best for torque throughout the gears and smoother revs. I recommend a remap to go with the K&N though as the engine wont breath in as much until remapped,

I know it's a 1.4 I don't want to spend much money this is my first car so next looking for a bigger engine but I would like a bit more speed and I think I hsve the handling under control as much as the car will let me until i push it to much and it understeers

As others have said fitting a K&N will make your engine sound better but the performance gain would be nothing special. You would need to get a remap especially if you are changing the exhaust for a better manifold too. Your ECU will be tuned for standard and once you fit a K&N and an exhaust what you're doing is getting more air in and the exhaust gasses out quicker. Your ECU will not be able to calculate this for peak performance so a remap and tune up would be a must for you to gain any real performance increases other than just more noise :D.

If I'm honest? Well, your car is the better car. I say that because Jap cars really don't do much for me at all, but that is just personal preference lol.

My very first car which I learnt to drive in was an 800cc Matiz, I passed my test in that. I then went through the Italian phase with a MK1 Punto Sporting (which was stolen, lovely!) and a MK2 Punto Sporting, before finally getting a nice car, my mint MK5 Fiesta! It is your first car after all so don't worry if it's slow or whatever, your first car usually ends up with a few marks and dents or even sees the wrong side of the hedge :lol:.

Just enjoy being mobile and having a car!

Yeah thanks mate I know it will not be super fast or Anything and I want the !Removed! petrol proves to up down it's hard enough trying to filly tank never mind a bigger engine might get a downgrade if prices keep going up haha

Haha, exactly mate. It's all very well nowadays having big engines but the problem for most people is when they need a drink and with the prices of fuel it can turn out to be really expensive.

My MK5 Fiesta has the well known 1.25 Zetec unit but for the driving I do, around town, work and occasionally a short stretch of the M5 it's more than powerful enough and it will run forever on £20's worth of fuel.

I burnt out a MK2 Fiat Punto yesterday at the traffic lights, it was the basic spec 1.2 8v and it looked like he obtained the exhaust from an Australian road-train - but he was happy, with all his 65 horsepowers :D

Cheers mate :)

Dan

Have you done any modifications to your motor ? And my clutch is on it's way put aswell :( haha am in the trade so I can get the parts for cheaper and fit them for free so if it needs a clutch it will get one but I would rather not spend money on one haha

It's fast enough anyway I have had 113mph out of it a could of got more but slowed down

I drive round the streets on the night aka like last night I spent £35 on petrol and I have reserve light on again

Argh nightmare mate, is it slipping? At least you can get things done cheap, I'm the same and get my parts trade even my welding is done trade so I can get any parts cheap and fix them myself - but a clutch job is annoying.

I haven't done any mods to my Fiesta yet, I've just been doing loads of cosmetics. The car itself has two owners from new and a FSH so mechanically the car is all there. But I discovered a few little rust bubbles on my outer sills, so I chipped out and found a hole in one place. But my welding mate confirmed it was stone chips etc that had been neglected, so he welded it up and it looked a mess after, as it would do. So I've been spraying and undersealing the outer sills, inner sills and floorpan too. Just like preventative maintanence stuff really.

Other cosmetics is a new Ford badge on the front to replace the missing one, and some new number plates lol. My aim is to have a really clean MK5 Fiesta completely standard. I'm pretty much there all I need to do now is inject waxoyl into my outer sills, replace my carpet 'cos it's ripped and torn.

Once I'm on top of everything I'm gonna colour code some engine parts like my airbox, but I might spray it red. Gonna get new foglights too and also fit some daytime running lights 'cos I think they look awesome. I'm not really into adding performance or tuning the engine, I'm just gonna customize small details of the car to make it mine, but at the same time keep it original, if that makes sense?

Have you got any plans for yours besides the engine?

I once went in my mates Skyline and christ, it flew. We were doing 125 when I looked at the speedo! Was glad it was his licence not mine :D

I wanted to put a st150 kit on but I don't know maybe a zetec a one maybe and just some new interior and make the engine look nice and shiner with some chrome pipes and coloured pipes and stuff

You know themday time running lights is that the ones that are like led strips that are in the lights them self because I am getting some of them

Sounds good to me, pretty much the sorta thing I'd do to my own car. Dressing the engine up is nice and simple but makes such a difference, it may be all show but the idea is to make the car feel more like yours.

Yep that's the ones, you can get them on eBay and they're pretty cheap. They are always on and switch off when you switch your main lights on, but they look cool and at make you more visible.

There was someone on here who fitted them to his Zetec S but I can't quite remember where it was, it would have been in the Fiesta forum and they do look awesome. What I want is a strip of blue look LEDs about 6' long on either side on my front bumper, not sure on the exact position but I think they will look cool :D

You can spend as much as you want on it, but you will only get a small gain. Unfortunately, theres only so much you can "polish a !Removed!" (not being detromental to your car at all, I just mean in the sense of, you can only get it to shine so far before you have to go down the route of buying a new car / !Removed! and start the polishing process again).

as for section 59, isnt that the equivelant of giving your car an asbo? lol something to do with driving in an antisocial manner?

As for your car, just go with remap, improved exhaust, the more your car can breathe the more it can work! as well as that, just keep it healthy, a good service can add a few bhp in itself!

Yeah it is one on the car and one for you he has to pay £150 to get it back today and £20 extra each day haha

Yeah it is one on the car and one for you he has to pay £150 to get it back today and £20 extra each day haha

Ouch! The police take it on the second time though don't they? So if you get stopped for loud music/loud exhaust/throwing things at people/shouting at people/shooting your AK47 at people twice in 12 months they take your car?

Dan :D

Yeah he got caught first time doing 65mph in a 30mph zone and got a 28 day ban and a section 59 then he got caught speeding last night so he is [swearing removed] haha I just try an drive normally could not think of anything worse then getting banned

Edited by Mark M.K
Please don't swear on FOC

Yeah he got caught first time doing 65mph in a 30mph zone and got a 28 day ban and a section 59 then he got caught speeding last night so he is [swearing removed] haha I just try an drive normally could not think of anything worse then getting banned

Sorry

Sorry

:lol: looks like you and your mate have just gotten an ASBO :lol: no swearing or selling on the site weird i know.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club