Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cv Joint Failure?

hula89

I think I have this on my 09 fiesta after I had this on my 02 206.

How can you tell with the new fiestas? It's shaking from 60 to 70ish. I thought it was balancing but I've had it in and they've checked that but I know cv joints can be pricey so they're hardly gonna tell me it's that unless I say I think it is. I'm a little frustrated as I only got the car last Friday and I had to wait a week while they did a load of pre delivery checks and servicing so I didn't expect problems with it so soon.

Do some three point turns on full lock. If you can hear a clicking/knocking, that would point to a CV joint failure.

would it make a sort of clunking sound going over speed bumps? And would this part of the warranty be void if you changed your springs yourself?

It squeaks on full lock left and pushes against the wheel on full lock right as if the wheel has hit the inside of the archway and pushed back.

If there is an issue so soon after a series of pre-checks, there should not really be a quibble about them checking ot over. A CV joint in really bad condition is not good (although at the age of the car it would be unlikely to be a CV unless its relatively high mileage).

I would take it in for piece of mind, and tell them to shove any bill where the sun don't shine. If its a serious mechanical problem, it would be picked up in teh pre-checks.

• Like 1

If there is an issue so soon after a series of pre-checks, there should not really be a quibble about them checking ot over. A CV joint in really bad condition is not good (although at the age of the car it would be unlikely to be a CV unless its relatively high mileage).

I would take it in for piece of mind, and tell them to shove any bill where the sun don't shine. If its a serious mechanical problem, it would be picked up in teh pre-checks.

I thought as much. Thanks also its marginally high mileage its got 24k since April 09.

wheel shake at 60-70? could be wheel weights need balancing, loose wheel nuts, track rod end joints..

wheel shake at 60-70? could be wheel weights need balancing, loose wheel nuts, track rod end joints..

Theyve done the balancing and it was off on pretty much every wheel he said, which doesnt exactly fill me with confidence from the Ford Main Dealer, but this hasnt made a blind bit of difference and I think they may have just been saying that it was that to make me go away and hoping it would stop but it hasnt. I have checked the wheel nuts and they seem to be tight enough and wouldnt track rod ends be a little odd on a 2 year old car? Saying that I suppose cv joints would be too.

Theyve done the balancing and it was off on pretty much every wheel he said, which doesnt exactly fill me with confidence from the Ford Main Dealer, but this hasnt made a blind bit of difference and I think they may have just been saying that it was that to make me go away and hoping it would stop but it hasnt. I have checked the wheel nuts and they seem to be tight enough and wouldnt track rod ends be a little odd on a 2 year old car? Saying that I suppose cv joints would be too.

Don't rule out a buckled wheel. This can cause a vibration.

Don't rule out a buckled wheel. This can cause a vibration.

He checked that first told me fiestas are bad for it. Loved hearing that about my new car lol.

Clunking whilst driving over speed humps could well be a bush on the suspension.

24k over 28 months isn't bad, its only 1k per month

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club