Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Feel Lucky - Dpf

Wibbly

Bought a pre-registered Focus 1.6 tdci 110 on a 57 plate from 'new'. Lots of talk with the dealer about DPFs but at my predicted mileage at the time decided to go with it anyway. Just had a 37.5K/3yr service where the DPF fluid is supposed to be topped up. Car siad it needed the service at 35.5K so I had it don then. Anyway, turns out it doesn't have a DPF :-) Apparently at that time a few engine variants didn't get one. Maybe then I have the last of a few like that? :-)

Maybe make the car worth a little more when I come to sell it...

you lucky so and so! good on you for not having it though...

When i bought my 2005 2.0tdci i had no idea about DPFs........i also turned out to be very lucky as mine doesnt have one either...it was an option on my model focus which the guy who bought the car from new obviously didnt take up, thank christ!

When i bought my 2005 2.0tdci i had no idea about DPFs........i also turned out to be very lucky as mine doesnt have one either...it was an option on my model focus which the guy who bought the car from new obviously didnt take up, thank christ!

iv got a 2005tdci 2.0 im having a few technical issue's got a feeling mine has the dreaded DPF DOH!!!!!!!

Its a nightmare even trying to find out if you've got one mate......i asked the ford mechanics to check for me when i had my CAM belt & water pump changed and they confirmed that i definatly didnt have one..was so releived. I was having issues with the car and the symptoms were similer to a failing DPF. In the end it tunred out to be the EGR valve..so i got a new one put in and everything is fine now.

What problems are you having? have you investigated the EGR?

Its a nightmare even trying to find out if you've got one mate......

Yup. Only way I found out was being told they tried to top up the DPF oil and there was nowhere to do it. Doh!

i normally just looked under the rear of the car around the fuel tank to see if there was a smaller tank. that works aslong the DPF are the ones that require the EOYLS Fluid.

anyways heres a link regarding the DPF and MOT that might make for interesting reading:

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/407-41/mot-result-16962/

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club