Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Booked In For Possible Fault Under Warranty.....

D4nz0

When engine has just been started, there's a regular noise coming from the left of engine (when looking at it from front of car).... I can't think how to describe the sound.... almost like a belt rubbing, its quite fast and goes like maybe twice a second - fft fft fft fft fft

I fi turn off the engine when it's making this noise, I hear a high pitched sound from the same area.

It speeds up when revving the engine. But doesn't affect how the car drives at all, then when I get to work, the noise has stopped all together.

I don't know much about the engine bay of the car.... but a rough guess would be some sort of loose belt? I dunno, if anyone has any ideas, feel free to post...

Car is booked into Ford on Tuesday for em to have a nosey

Danny

can you record a vid on youtube so we can hear it

Jamie XX

the high pitch noise is unrelated. you'll find you can hear this when you turn your keys to position 2 on the barrel and (if you can hear over the engine noise) on ignition, but not on position 1. It is the MAF sensor or equivilent to whatever ford use, it comes from the airbox area.

As for the belt noise, get it looked at asap

Hi guys, I haven't been totally ignorant to your comments, but I typed out a hefty reply on my mobile then it timed out when submitting, then when I hit 'back' on the browser, the comments box was empty, so I didn't retype it all :D

I tried to record a video of it, but on the phone video, the sound of the diesel engine drowns out the sound of the noise I'm talking about on the video, although its very apparent in person.... even when I put phone into the bay next to the sound, the engine just drowned it out.

Mike, the high pitch sound is like a squeal when the engine is stopped, not any sorta electrical sound... I know exactly the noise you mean with the MAF sensor, but its not that. I think it's coming from the belt again.

I'll letcha all know on Tuesday after it gets looked at. Thanks for the replies

Danny

sounds like it could be the aux belt or tensioner playing up, the mondeo tdci suffered with this problem.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club