• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TD1947

TD1947

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec 1.8
Posted 28 December 2008 - 07:41 PM

Hi, I found recently after jumpstarting a colleagues car, that the radio failed to turn on afterwards.
I checked the obvious fuses (F31, F50, F7 in that order of likelyhood) but no joy, all OK.
Out of desperation, I just tried removing, then replacing the little removable security panel (the channel changer), and BINGO - it fixed it. I can only assume that doing a jump-start (with engine running) can sometimes corrupt the internal power logic of the radio, and it sometimes THINKS that the panel has been removed, but just needs to get itself back in sync. TD :rolleyes:

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 4,655 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:19 PM

Hi, I found recently after jumpstarting a colleagues car, that the radio failed to turn on afterwards.
I checked the obvious fuses (F31, F50, F7 in that order of likelyhood) but no joy, all OK.
Out of desperation, I just tried removing, then replacing the little removable security panel (the channel changer), and BINGO - it fixed it. I can only assume that doing a jump-start (with engine running) can sometimes corrupt the internal power logic of the radio, and it sometimes THINKS that the panel has been removed, but just needs to get itself back in sync. TD :rolleyes:

hi, glad you got it sorted.

It was probably just a considerable difference in voltage that the cd player didnt like.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users