Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Metal On The Road

1gris

Hi All

Anyone got the Fiesta Metal on the road yet, or are they all 1st Sept cars.

Looking forward to seeing some pics on here of what they look like.

Gris

TTheres been a few pics of em sat in forecourts already chief. But honestly? I'm not a fan, I'm not sure why.

I'd rather someone had bought a zs, or standard and modified it to look like that, rather than Ford releasing it like that. And the Chrome chin spoiler ruins it for me.

The interior tho..... hmmm hmmmmmmm. Tasty

• 2 weeks later...

So anyone got one on road yet?

Hi, not yet, originally told 2nd week September but then told 2nd week October. Then informed on Sat that it was just going into production last week so not quite sure how long it takes from then. Not seen any on the road yet.

I have not seen one on the road yet. Mine is due end of Sept.

Why so excited, they're nothing special?!

Why shouldn't we be excited, we are getting a new car, doesn't matter what it is!!

Why shouldn't we be excited, we are getting a new car, doesn't matter what it is!!

You're right, I get excited about buying a new car.

But for people that aren't buying this... getting excited about its release is silly as there isn't much difference at all.

i meant more along the lines of its a bit pointless. i could start a thread with "anyone seen a titanium with dress up kit on the road" or "anyone seen a s1600 134ps on the road"? i know you're excited but it seems more like you're ASW'ing. I'm excited about all kinds of stuff, i don't crave attention for it on a public forum however.

Besides i got excited to see some mangled wreck of a car as a result of some metal on the road, how i was disappointed :(

i meant more along the lines of its a bit pointless. i could start a thread with "anyone seen a titanium with dress up kit on the road" or "anyone seen a s1600 134ps on the road"? i know you're excited but it seems more like you're ASW'ing. I'm excited about all kinds of stuff, i don't crave attention for it on a public forum however.

Besides i got excited to see some mangled wreck of a car as a result of some metal on the road, how i was disappointed :(

Just out of interest, were you excited when you got your car ?

What is the point of a forum,other than people asking and answering, and talking about whatever they want.

Never quite understood why people get involved in a conversation they have no interest in or have anything useful to say.

But suppose it takes all sorts

Don't know what your problem is. What is ASW'ing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just out of interest, were you excited when you got your car ?

What is the point of a forum,other than people asking and answering, and talking about whatever they want.

Never quite understood why people get involved in a conversation they have no interest in or have anything useful to say.

But suppose it takes all sorts

I did get excited but I didn't spam up a public forum boring other people with it. Oh and if you post something on a public forum expect the public to comment if you don't like the idea of other people not seeing your point the the forums are not for you.

Unfortunately this forum is like you say full of people asking questions, the majority of the time they are extremely easy questions to answer with a bit of common sense or dare I say it... by reading your owners manual.

I however with some other fellow modders like to post updates and pics of stuff we've done to our cars, oh how I wish there were more of those type threads.

Anyway for those who were as disappointed as me when entering this thread:

5149718682_966038a866.jpg

Why so excited, they're nothing special?!

You are right it was rather boring a topic for people not interested in this particular model.

Perhaps we can drop the subject and get onto something far more exciting / interesting such as "Mondeo sun glass holders" and "secret cubby holes".

Can you fit Ray Ban's in the holder or is it only cheaper more fexible ones that fit ?

You are right it was rather boring a topic for people not interested in this particular model.

Perhaps we can drop the subject and get onto something far more exciting / interesting such as "Mondeo sun glass holders" and "secret cubby holes".

Can you fit Ray Ban's in the holder or is it only cheaper more fexible ones that fit ?

Noob! Everyone knows it's only aviators that fit in there nice and snug.

Is your next thread going to be a question about MPG or your first service, no wait I know... it'll be about the most minor of faults and do we think it's a warranty claim. Yea the latter sound most plausible ;)

I did get excited but I didn't spam up a public forum boring other people with it. Oh and if you post something on a public forum expect the public to comment if you don't like the idea of other people not seeing your point the the forums are not for you.

Unfortunately this forum is like you say full of people asking questions, the majority of the time they are extremely easy questions to answer with a bit of common sense or dare I say it... by reading your owners manual.

I however with some other fellow modders like to post updates and pics of stuff we've done to our cars, oh how I wish there were more of those type threads.

5149718682_966038a866.jpg

Glad you find this of interest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is your next thread going to be a question about MPG or your first service, no wait I know... it'll be about the most minor of faults and do we think it's a warranty claim. Yea the latter sound most plausible ;)

better be no sly dig about me asking about the second service in this ;) haha

better be no sly dig about me asking about the second service in this ;) haha

Don't be silly, was referring to first service threads.

:)

not sure what noob is or means, so am slightly disadvantaged here.

Still not sure why you bothered to get involved in a conversation that you have no interest in ?

there are plenty of things I have seen on here which don't interest me, but they do others,and I just don't comment. Still we are not all the same.

On the warrenty issue point, can I ask please;

If you go over a speed bumb a bit fast and your aviators fall out your overhead holder, cutting your head, can you make a claim, or will Ford's refuse as it is not a Fiesta part fitted ??

Finally, do Red cars still go pink after a certain amount of time or has that issue been resolved ?

Still not sure why you bothered to get involved in a conversation that you have no interest in ?

there are plenty of things I have seen on here which don't interest me, but they do others,and I just don't comment. Still we are not all the same.

+1

Not all posts are relevant or of interest to everyone. I don't understand the need to change the subject.... I'd be quite interested if anyone owns or seen a metal on the road... just out of noseyness.... not coz I think the car is anything special.

Danny

I was really hoping to not have to get involved in this one - but can we agree to disagree on whether people are interested in the Metal and if you're not, go and find another thread to read.

Have a nice day.

not sure what noob is or means, so am slightly disadvantaged here.

On the warrenty issue point, can I ask please;

If you go over a speed bumb a bit fast and your aviators fall out your overhead holder, cutting your head, can you make a claim, or will Ford's refuse as it is not a Fiesta part fitted ??

Finally, do Red cars still go pink after a certain amount of time or has that issue been resolved ?

This is fun, that's why :)

Firstly, speedbumps and me have a very special relationship, as in being lowered I give them more respect than everyone else. So my shades will never fall out in that scenario. You really have an issue with the sunglasses holder, have you suffered a misfortune at the hands of this convenient and useful feature?

Secondly I believe you're mistaking the red paintfade with the vauxhall brand. Take a look on zsoc or ukfn for old school Colorado red or even radiant red which don't really experience fading to pink. Besides a little bit of wax and sealant would negate the effects of the sun if you were referring to a vauxall, and I have tonnes of protection on mine.

It really says something when you have to resort to attacking the colour of my car. It's a diesel you know, you can use that as ammunition too if you'd like ;)

Dan- no-ones getting hurt, can we see what other insults can be drawn from my signature please?

This is fun, that's why :)

Firstly, speedbumps and me have a very special relationship, as in being lowered I give them more respect than everyone else. So my shades will never fall out in that scenario. You really have an issue with the sunglasses holder, have you suffered a misfortune at the hands of this convenient and useful feature?

Secondly I believe you're mistaking the red paintfade with the vauxhall brand. Take a look on zsoc or ukfn for old school Colorado red or even radiant red which don't really experience fading to pink. Besides a little bit of wax and sealant would negate the effects of the sun if you were referring to a vauxall, and I have tonnes of protection on mine.

It really says something when you have to resort to attacking the colour of my car. It's a diesel you know, you can use that as ammunition too if you'd like ;)

Dan- no-ones getting hurt, can we see what other insults can be drawn from my signature please?

I believe you when you make your reference to speed bumps, so that is not really up for debate.If you have lowered your car to the extent I can imagine, what about putting a brush on the front and sweep the road as you go. The council might even pay you for doing it. Regarding the holder, I don't have any issue with it, if you like it.. good for you. My glasses are either on my nose or in the armrest, so I don't have the need for the holder.In respect of the colour, red,I think it is a great colour, but sadly it fades, regardless of how much of your life you spend buffing, waxing or whatever else you try to do to prevent it happening. Vauxhall may have a problem, like you refer to, I would not know. What I do know, even Porche would not guarantee their red not fading, over time, hence brother bought grey. So cannot imagine Ford would be any different. On the subject of diesel, I currently drive a diesel and it has been a wonderful car, so full of praise for diesel.

Hopefully this answers all the points you raised, and I think the only unanswered question is, why comment on something you are not interested in ?( you still have not answered this point)

If the reason was simply that you had finished your homework and had nothing better to do then, fine, but why not spend the time better and go give your car a buff up.Finally, I have not seen anybody else raise an issue with the original thread, unless I have missed them.

Edited by Mark M.K
Fixed the quote problem

this ^

I am also interested in seeing a good quality picture of the metal

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club