#1 mg2011

mg2011

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: mike
  • Ford Model: fiesta black edition
  • Year: 2005

Posted 29 August 2011 - 12:13 PM

hi, i've just bought a ford fiesta black edition. it has a 'triple deck' stereo inside and i have no idea if i can replace this for a better stereo for use of mp3 and ipod. i've looked online i can find how to replace stereo but am unsure if there are any upgrade versions of the stereo i can buy to replace it with? it would be helpful if someone could tell me if i can replace this stereo and a link to a possible stereo i could buy to replace it with.
its a mark 6 black edition
thanks.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 dezwez

dezwez

Dezwez

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,212 posts
  • Name: Derek
  • Ford Model: ford focus 1.8 zetec mk 2.5
  • Year: 2008

Posted 29 August 2011 - 12:53 PM

hi, i've just bought a ford fiesta black edition. it has a 'triple deck' stereo inside and i have no idea if i can replace this for a better stereo for use of mp3 and ipod. i've looked online i can find how to replace stereo but am unsure if there are any upgrade versions of the stereo i can buy to replace it with? it would be helpful if someone could tell me if i can replace this stereo and a link to a possible stereo i could buy to replace it with.
its a mark 6 black edition
thanks.

Hi welcome :)

#3 azzaparker

azzaparker

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: Aaron
  • Ford Model: Fiesta MK6
  • Year: 2005

Posted 09 October 2011 - 09:28 PM

i have the same car and i had this issue too. Ford said they wouldn't upgrade the stereo to the next model up. the only other possibility is to put in an after market stereo. i am half way through fitting mine...its a little tricky in places! you have to cut the plastic bars running across the standard stereo and buy a new fascia for the after market stereo to fit in to. the only tricky part in doing this is disconnecting and reconnecting the heater controls.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users