Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Flip Key Flopping

Lenny

My two year old daughter was sitting on my knee in the car, i had the key in the ignition and she was starting the car and turning it off again, by herself, followed by opening and closing the electric windows :rolleyes:

it was keeping her amused so I went along with it :rolleyes: , although when I looked at the key after putting her back in her child seat the flip key doesn’t stay straight or lock tight like it used to :o

When closed it’s like this now

Image0816.jpg

When in the ignition it’s like this now

Image0817.jpg

:blink::angry::unsure: Any advice on what this could be, or if it was because she was messing with it at all or just a quince dense that it happened after she was messing with it.

I always push the chrome button on the fob before folding it back in.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and how can I fix this,

As the knock on effect will be my ignition panel getting scratched from the key fob flapping against it.:(

• Like 1

it looks like the internal spring mech has got strained or become miss aligned, the only thing you can do is split the key and look for anything amiss.

• Like 1

Probably a case of buying a new key im afraid, if the spring or the click lock is damaged you wont really be able to repair it

• Like 1

Probably a case of buying a new key im afraid, if the spring or the click lock is damaged you wont really be able to repair it

I feared that would be the case,:rolleyes: I’ve started to put it in the other way around (if I remember too)

It stops it from flapping down, ah well the joys of having kids :lol:

• Like 1

Good old kids - my 9 month old son has left some lovely teeth marks in my flip key!

Good old kids - my 9 month old son has left some lovely teeth marks in my flip key!

Ah under the circumstances at that age you would feel sorry for him, getting teeth

my daughters used to do the same to my knuckle their 2 and 4 years old now, stated school this week time fly’s man :D

• Like 1

Definately I cant believe how old he is now, but my fingers, and objects around the home will never be the same again!I loved it when he had no teeth, he could chew away and it never bothered me, now he has four, he always insists on trying to use them on my hand... it doesnt go very well - the joys of parenthood!

oops, slipped off topic! lol - so you buying a new key, or trying to repair it then?

Seen loads on Fleabay Lenny , you could just swap the bits around, did you take it apart BTW

and look at the spring

• Like 2

Seen loads on Fleabay Lenny , you could just swap the bits around, did you take it apart BTW

and look at the spring

tried to open the top part but its cliped togeather all different angles cant seem to seperate it easily, ill have another look at it later today,

ive started putting in in the ignition upside down for the momment, stops it flopping down, i have a spare i bought on e-bay but its not cut yet,

has to be lazer cut and for me that means traveling 102km to the nearest lazer cutter :rolleyes: so wont be happening any time soon,

ill try open it again later,

anyone else have expierence in opening the flip part of the key fob ?

• Like 1

:lol: Thanks Pree,

at that price though id be cheaper to get the spare key cut :lol:

• Like 1

haha! brilliant....

Anyway lenny, couldnt you post them the floppy key and the uncut and get them to send it back if you pay postage - might be cheaper and easier to do it that way?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club