Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which pin is constant power?

slugster

Hi...

Do any of you know which pin on the std Mondeo radio wiring is the constant power?

I've replaced my busted 6000 with a nice Sony head unit I used to have in the last car. But it's not retaining the settings once it's powered off and I think it's missing the constant power feed.

I've used a Halfords Ford to std radio wiring conversion loom and want to check it's cross connected.

Many thanks in advance for any replies

Slugs...

Hi...

Do any of you know which pin on the std Mondeo radio wiring is the constant power?

I've replaced my busted 6000 with a nice Sony head unit I used to have in the last car. But it's not retaining the settings once it's powered off and I think it's missing the constant power feed.

I've used a Halfords Ford to std radio wiring conversion loom and want to check it's cross connected.

Many thanks in advance for any replies

Slugs...

Should have the usual heavier 'red and yellow' wires going to the cd player with bullet connectors in the middle of them? If you can recognise the bit of the loom im talking about, just switch the red to the yellow and the yellow to the red. so you have to mixed cables going to the cd player. One of them is a permanent live and the other is live with ignition. not sure if ive explained that clearly enough though? get back to me if you need anymore help

Hi Stef123,

Your answer made perfect sense and I finally got around to trying it - but no joy.

I did some internet digging and found this pin information

Power connector

pin1 live 12v memory supply orange/black

pin2 ground black/green

pin3 ignition 12v supply blue/black

pin4 12v illumination supply orange/black

pin5 alarm connection black/orange (may not be used)

pin6 ground black/green

Speaker connector

pin1 white/black left front

pin2 grey/black left front

pin3 white/violet left rear

pin4 grey/white left rear

pin5 white/red right front

pin6 grey/red right front

pin7 white right rear

pin8 grey right rear

So I got the multi meter out and checked the power ones and they were bang on (colours were different though) EXCEPT for the pin 1 memory supply. This was only supplying about .6 volts

So I hooked up the old Ford unit and that didn't work either???

Guessing that the units need ignition AND memory power I cross connected ignition power to memory power and hey presto the Ford unit worked as long as the ignition was on (good job as I could get the CD out LOL). And then the Sony one worked as well.

But now I need to figure out why pin 1 isn't supplying 12v

I guess the cable might be damaged and the .6v reading I'm getting might just be trace volts but now I'm getting puzzled :blink:

Any ideas anybody?

Fuse blown?

yep that was my thinking, have you checked this? the 0.6v may just be an innacurracy with the meter.

You are both right gents...

F72 (20a) in the left hand footwell fusebox had blown. I must have shorted something when trying to get it working.

Thanks for helping out.

Cheers

BTW - it works fine with yellow to yellow and red to red. But it's interesting that on my old VW they were switched round.

You're welcome, sometimes its the obvious things we forget to check on modern technological cars. Glad its all sorted pal. Happy New Year

Happy new year to you both as well and to everybody on the board.

For a few seconds I did wonder if it might be a fuse, but everything else electrical seemed to be working so I thought there is no way there would be a dedicated fuse just for this and didn't think any more about that (stupid of me I know).

Only when I looked at the wiring schematic did I see how many bleeping fuses there were :o

So F72 feeds just this one pin on one connector and an optional navigation unit (which my LX doesn't have)

It's been a while since I did any electrical work on a car (Rover SD1 V8) and things have moved on a tad haven't they.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club