Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2008 Mondeo: Ford 6000Cd Replacement To Ford Sony Mp3 Unit With Bt/voice

Nalle

Greetings from Finland. I needed to expand my support ring outside home location as I just cannot find a clear answer. Not even from Ford representatives.

Situation: 2008 Mondeo 2.0 TDCi Titanium Wagon with

- Convers+ display with steering wheel buttons

- Ford 6000CD player

- factory fitted Bluetooth/Voice commands

Problem: cannot play MP3 (AUX In not appropriate - OK for temporary use)

Suggested solution: buy Ford Sony MP3 Gen 2 unit from eBay and replace 6000CD. Assume all bluetooth/voice/convers+/stalk controls and things work just like with 6000CD.

I had one seller who was kind enough to warn that in his 2010 Focus he lost Bluetooth/Voice when he replaced factory fitted 6000CD with Ford Sony Gen 2 from 2009. Focus and Sony partly communicated as pressing Voice button outputted word "Voice" on Sony's display but that was all he could get out of it. bluetooth didn't work.

Now, knowing that I have 2 years older Ford, does somebody know what will happen if I fit the Sony in my dash?

- does Convers+ show song details

- can I operate with voice commands?

- can I call via bluetooth

- can I remotely control Sony from steering wheel buttons and Convers+ menus?

- aren't all audio units same for Focus & Mondeo? Meaning that that same Ford Sony MP3 player can be found on Focuses & Mondeos?

I am this close giving in and throwing mp3 CDs out. This is my last attempt to get better sound and mp3's. Please help me!

Cheers,

Timo

Anybody?

Hi,

As far as i am aware the Sony system is the same one for focus, mondeo, kuga etc.

The bluetooth module is behind the glove compartment and not part of the stereo, you may need ford to remap the bluetooth software to suit the Sony stereo, but all hardware and cables are compatible with each other including the controls on the wheel.

perhaps the guy that had trouble with his had a loose connection to the Mic at the rears of his system, or over stretched the cables when changing them over.:)

before changing stereos,try converting all the mp3 tracks you want to burn to 128 kbit/s and then burn them at a slower speed, this sometimes works.

before changing stereos,try converting all the mp3 tracks you want to burn to 128 kbit/s and then burn them at a slower speed, this sometimes works.

Hmm.. perhaps I was unclear. Ford 6000CD does not play mp3's by design. This is my problem rather than 6000CD not reading my discs burned at fast speed. I want a mp3 capable player designed for the car, and that would be the Ford Sony MP3 player. Just if I'd get proof that existing bluetooth unit fully functions with new radio I'd be bying the unit now!

Cheers,

Timo

Hi,

As far as i am aware the Sony system is the same one for focus, mondeo, kuga etc.

The Bluetooth module is behind the glove compartment and not part of the stereo, you may need ford to remap the Bluetooth software to suit the Sony stereo, but all hardware and cables are compatible with each other including the controls on the wheel.

perhaps the guy that had trouble with his had a loose connection to the Mic at the rears of his system, or over stretched the cables when changing them over.:)

OK, thank you for the comment. Perhaps I just need to try it.

I checked back in as already second homeland dealer said that he confirmed from Ford that if I now go and buy Ford Sony MP3 player Ford cannot guarantee that all gadgets of my 2008 Mondeo will work, and continue to work after maintenance upgrades, with Sony MP3 player.

So, in 2011 with a 2008 model car I stop listening MP3's and revert back to CD.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club