• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 owls4ever

owls4ever

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Ford Model: 54 reg 1.6 Ford Focus
Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:17 PM

The other day i was travelling around 60mph on a dual carriageway and all of a sudden the speedometer needle fell down to around 30mph and then back up to the speed i was travelling at.

No cut out of engine or anything...no issues since...

No warning lights have come on either, so i was just wondering if this is a common fault and if anyone has any advice to give on this? Could this be a major issue and will an ECU check at a garage point me (or more importantly the mechanic) in the right direction as to how this can be rectified

My car is a focus 1.6 edge 54 reg

Cheers

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,550 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 02 September 2011 - 02:29 PM

its very unlikely that a code will be stored, it might be the speed senor starting to play up, keep an eye on it and see if it happens again it may well have been just a one off.

#3 jayne12

jayne12

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: jane
  • Ford Model: transit
  • Year: 2008

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:36 PM

The other day i was travelling around 60mph on a dual carriageway and all of a sudden the speedometer needle fell down to around 30mph and then back up to the speed i was travelling at.

No cut out of engine or anything...no issues since...

No warning lights have come on either, so i was just wondering if this is a common fault and if anyone has any advice to give on this? Could this be a major issue and will an ECU check at a garage point me (or more importantly the mechanic) in the right direction as to how this can be rectified

My car is a focus 1.6 edge 54 reg

Cheers

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users