Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford 6000 CD Player

dicktgaragemc24

Hello!

Just bought a Fiesta Zetec S (06 plate) and it has a Ford 6000 CD player in it. Was all good the first week, but now i am having extreme difficulties playing my CDs!! For some reason it does not seem to be reading anything and keeps popping back out with the message 'CD error'. I know its not due too scratched CDs because the few ive been trying to play recently have been brand spanking new (courtesy of father christmas).

Please dont tell me that there is a problem with the unit?!?!? I was just hoping i might need to invest in a CD lens cleaner or something?!

Has anyone else experienced similar problems that might be able to help me! really do not hope that i need to replace my CD Unit?!?!

Please help?!?

Thanks

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it is more than likely that you have a faulty unit, I get alot of Ford Cd units come in with similar problems, can be a number of faults ranging from alignment to new laser!!! these are repairable but i would suggest upgrading your unit to a after market system which give you so many more options (I-Pod, MP3, bluetooth ETC).

I wouldn't bother with the CD cleaner discs they never work!!

Worth bearing in mind, Ford head units dont like CD-Rs. Only one that will play them properly and reliably is the 6000MP3 as fitted to the Focus MP3

I've just bought a new 58 plate Focus. It plays regular CD's ok but won't play MP3 CD's. I've tried different makes of discs and different recording formats without success. I'm waiting until the New Year to refer it to the dealer.

I've just bought a new 58 plate Focus. It plays regular CD's ok but won't play MP3 CD's. I've tried different makes of discs and different recording formats without success. I'm waiting until the New Year to refer it to the dealer.

Probably not an MP3 CD player then

Are you finalising the cd's when you burn them?

• 3 years later...

i recently just bought a 59 focus titanium and i have the same sort of problem when ever i put in any type of cd whever it be brand new or a copied cd what could be the problem?

If it's not reading any disc then the laser carriage is misaligned or shot.

Some places service radios but you may have to bite the bullet and replace it.

My 2006 Sony 6 CD unit skips so I'm fitting a JVC KD-DB42 DAB unit.

I'll be poking a 32 Gig usb into it with all my music on.

Don't know why they're still making CD players.

TBH, I was looking for a DAB radio with SD card slot and steering wheel remote compatible but couldn't find anything suitable and had to accept a USB one.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club