Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford S Max

phizzy

I own a 07 Titanium S Max: Love the car and its versatility but its fraught with problems from cheap components.Having suffered the ubiquitous security alarm problems, the bonnet latch seized and had to be replaced. I now have to change a broken bonnet release cable.

Further problems include: Passenger window sliding down with the button pressed to go up,Front heated window with non working sections on the drivers side, Lights left on alarm does not work until some time after the door has been closed again, footwell heating temperature non existent, cruise control drops out when in use, noisy powered steering, and now I have a brake servo that 'clunks' when the brake pedal is released (I had a Focus with the same problem).

Does anyone else have the same issues, and do these problems go away as I would like to keep the car?

Bonnet release cable is down to poor design. The cable goes through 90 degrees as it enters the latch - so it chaffs and eventually breaks.

Electric window gremlins are often sorted by doing a reset on the electric window system, or it may require a new window pane (slightly thinner).

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club