Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Problems With Bluetooth Audio

Richaj

Hmm, just tried it in mine and couldn't get the update to start. Turned on the radio, plugged the USB in and it flashes up saying no USB files found (or something like that), turned the ignition the one spot and nothing happens :(

Mine was showing the same no files message a couple of times, then just worked...

Hmm, just tried it in mine and couldn't get the update to start. Turned on the radio, plugged the USB in and it flashes up saying no USB files found (or something like that), turned the ignition the one spot and nothing happens :(

The memory stick is a 512mb formatted as FAT. I take it you use the USB slot where the iPod would normally be plugged in. As the YouTube video did show putting it in the side compartment, I'm guessing that's just that model car.

Where are you placing the files on the USB stick? It must not be in any folders - for example E:/. NOT E:/folder name. And of course, have it unziped.

Just to let everyone know Ford have now posted the update for Bluetooth on their Connectivity website. Installed the update just now, takes around 20 minutes and everything is working, bluetooth audio and track names. If it helps I'm using an iPhone 4S in a 60 plate Zetec.

Link to update http://www.ford-mobile-connectivity.com/downloadsUpdates

Good Luck!! :D

Just updated. Worked a treat. Great find.

Thanks so much to the original poster for sharing... ;) ;)

I'm having issues with my phone trying to send bluetooth audio even though my headunit doesn't support it. I have bluetooth with no USB from 2008.

What issues?

Have you tried the update?

You can't update the radio if you don't have USB. Maybe talk to your dealer?

I believe there's a USB port on the bluetooth module located under the glovebox - I wonder if the update works if plugged in to there? (That's how the dealers do it)

I don't think my bluetooth module supports bluetooth audio streaming, from what I've been readin it seems it's only on those with the USB port.

I've got a SE Xperia Arc and have an app to read texts out loud whenever I'm connected to bluetooth (which is when I'm in my car) However, it sends the audio through the media stream even when I've set it to send through call stream.

I've tried disabling media connection in the bluetooth settings but unless both phone audio and media audio are checked, the bluetooth won't stay connected. :/

The link to the update from the website works a treat. I started having the bluetooth audio error when I upgraded to iOS5. The update fixed that pronto. Thanks original poster Mikey4020.

I believe there's a USB port on the Bluetooth module located under the glovebox - I wonder if the update works if plugged in to there? (That's how the dealers do it)

Did you know were I could find this USB port?

Did you know were I could find this USB port?

It's underneath the glovebox. I've taken mine out to have a look (even though I have USB) and it needs an adapter, the connection is mini-USB.

It's underneath the glovebox. I've taken mine out to have a look (even though I have USB) and it needs an adapter, the connection is mini-USB.

I have a 2009 model that does not have the USB port next to AUX. I can't seem to find this mini-usb slot anywhere. Are there any pictures or guides how to find it?

Luke have you found the module? That's the first part.

Then post a picture and we can point you in the right direction.

Hi

I've been following this thread with great interest and have now downloaded the updated and unzipped to the highest level on a USB stick. Just one Q though, where the install info says to turn on the 'ignition', does that mean ON with the 'ignition lights' illuminated?

If not, then what position does the key need to be in?

Thanks, BHeart

Hi

I've been following this thread with great interest and have now downloaded the updated and unzipped to the highest level on a USB stick. Just one Q though, where the install info says to turn on the 'ignition', does that mean ON with the 'ignition lights' illuminated?

If not, then what position does the key need to be in?

Thanks, BHeart

Position 2 BHeart - power on engine off.

Position 2 BHeart - power on engine off.

Hi iNath

Thank you for your response.

I've just completed the update and I followed the install procedure and saw the "Update running ... Please wait" message but, my radio 'did not mute' prior to the message appearing on screen and the sound stayed on for the duration of the update and after the "Update successful" message appeared - radio did not mute or turn off at all.

When the update had 'completed successfully', I turned off the radio and ignition and removed the USB stick and then turned it on again.

I pressed the 'Phone Button' and the phone menu appeared as stated in the info so, despite the fact that the radio did not mute or turn off as stated in the procedure, I'm hoping that the update was actually done OK - I'd hate to think what Ford would charge to sort it out if it went wrong?

I've not had a chance to test it so far but is it possible to check for new features that would have been enabled by the update?

Thanks, BHeart

That's fine, mine didn't mute or turn off but you got the update successful message so looks good, Only way to really test it is with an iPhone I think (which I don't have, but my friend does and he plays his music when in my car - works perfectly now)

Despite the install instruction saying the radio would mute, mine didn't either. The update completed and everything is still working!!

That's fine, mine didn't mute or turn off but you got the update successful message so looks good, Only way to really test it is with an iPhone I think (which I don't have, but my friend does and he plays his music when in my car - works perfectly now)

Hi iNath

Thanks again for your response regarding the Ford software update. I had my first chance to check out the multimedia system after updating the software last night and I have a couple of issues which I'm hoping you or any other forum members can assist me with?

Ok, the first issue is with regard to the phone 'signal strength' symbol that appeared in the RADIO display when the phone was connected via bluetooth and then disappeared with the update to iOS5. To be honest I remember seeing it in the radio display prior to updating but did not notice it had gone afterwards. I used my iPhone in the car today and don't remember seeing the signal strength in the RADIO display. At what point during the initiation of the call does the 'signal strength' icon appear in the RADIO display and whereabouts in the display is it shown? I.e. top left/right or bottom left/right. Just to clarify, the 'signal strength' symbol was the same as the'signal strength' symbol that appears in the top left corner of the iPhone display screen.

Second issue is also with using the phone and whilst the system was dialling, I noticed the letters "DSP" in the top right hand corner. I've had the car for just over a year and prior to updating the Ford software via USB, I had never seen DSP when making a call. The user manual seems to suggest that DSP is related to audio so why is it appearing when making a call?

The last issue is with playing music from my iPhone through the multimedia system. I had read in this topic that after members updated the software using the downloadable file from the Ford website, they were able to play their music over bluetooth without connecting the "Y" cable or choosing "AUX". I tried this today and my iPhone was already connected via bluetooth so I started the music playing but heard nothing from the car Speakers until I pressed "AUX". I've obviously got it wrong and think that we must connect to the cars USB jack using the USB data cable that came with the phone?

All help/advice will be greatly appreciated.

Regards, BHeart

Despite the install instruction saying the radio would mute, mine didn't either. The update completed and everything is still working!!

Thanks Mikey

See reply above.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club