Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Problems With Bluetooth Audio

Richaj

I'm sure someone on the Apple site had the same story as Mark - no updates yet, come back in six months. Maybe Apple will put in a fix

Another problem with the iOS5, noticed for the first time, tried to end a phone call earlier to find every button on the centre console was unresponsive, it had jammed with the call screen up still timing the call even though I ended the call on my phone, stayed like this for about an hour then when I got back home had to disconnect the battery to sort it.

Another problem with the iOS5, noticed for the first time, tried to end a phone call earlier to find every button on the centre console was unresponsive, it had jammed with the call screen up still timing the call even though I ended the call on my phone, stayed like this for about an hour then when I got back home had to disconnect the battery to sort it.

I was having the exact same problem, after it's done this a few times, it will crash the bluetooth system and you wont be able to turn it on/off etc, this happened to mine and i took it into the garage yesterday.

The service woman i spoke to said "not to get my hopes up as there might not be an update availble" (which i knew there was) - although got it back yesterday and there was indeed an update available (the most recent one is May 2011 i was told) and now all my issues are fixed, calls work fine, no error reading bluetooth device etc.

This was covered under warranty, but probably only because the bluetooth was completely non-functional, other garages quoted it would be chargeable.

I run a 10 plate Fiesta Zetec by the way, as some garages have said it's only 2011 cars that can get an update.

Just keep trying dealers until you get somebody who listens to you!

C.

I was having the exact same problem, after it's done this a few times, it will crash the bluetooth system and you wont be able to turn it on/off etc, this happened to mine and i took it into the garage yesterday.

The service woman i spoke to said "not to get my hopes up as there might not be an update availble" (which i knew there was) - although got it back yesterday and there was indeed an update available (the most recent one is May 2011 i was told) and now all my issues are fixed, calls work fine, no error reading bluetooth device etc.

This was covered under warranty, but probably only because the bluetooth was completely non-functional, other garages quoted it would be chargeable.

I run a 10 plate Fiesta Zetec by the way, as some garages have said it's only 2011 cars that can get an update.

Just keep trying dealers until you get somebody who listens to you!

C.

Just laid it down to my next closest dealer, 60miles! Awaiting a call back from the electrician on Monday as hes off so I'll post back next week.

Had my car in today to have the bluetooth sorted but no joy.

They said they've updated the software to the latest version but I'm still getting the "BT Audio Error reading device" message and the problem where it just cuts out completely.

My Fiesta is a 60 reg, Titanium with the Sony stereo. One good thing is that the garage didn't even try and charge me for anything.

Finally got time to go to my dealer this morning - was pretty much told, in a nice way, to !Removed! off.

Their reaction was:

1) It was working fine before iOS 5, therefore the software in the car is fine, the software in the phone isn't (good point I suppose).

2) They could try to update, but it could make the problem worse, so they don't really want to risk it.

3) Wait until Apple realise that they have messed up and release an update to fix the issue. I'm not holding my breath.

Sucks really.

Had my car in today to have the bluetooth sorted but no joy.

They said they've updated the software to the latest version but I'm still getting the "BT Audio Error reading device" message and the problem where it just cuts out completely.

My Fiesta is a 60 reg, Titanium with the Sony stereo. One good thing is that the garage didn't even try and charge me for anything.

I saw your another post of yours, and it mentioned you were getting the 4s?

Do you get the bluetooth issues when using the 4S, or was this when using the 4 with the iOS5 update?

I saw your another post of yours, and it mentioned you were getting the 4s?

Do you get the Bluetooth issues when using the 4S, or was this when using the 4 with the iOS5 update?

Same issues with iPhone 4 running the GM and the new iPhone 4S (which is "as is" from the factory).

Don't give up! I have a 10 plate fiesta with the ford unit and it works perfect now, do dont let them fob you off if that's what you have !

Just back from ford in Perth. My car is 13month old fiesta with the standard stereo (silver). My phone is a iPhone4 on os5. Was getting all the same probs as detailed in this thred. I got the update done on my stereo for FREE no probs or quibbles they got the car at 8am had it back by 930am. It now works perfectly also displays the track name and has shuffle repeat info short cuts.

As said before don't be fobbed off there is a update available it won't make matters worse and it shouldn't take longer than a hour

Hope this helps some one

Just to let everyone know Ford have now posted the update for bluetooth on their Connectivity website. Installed the update just now, takes around 20 minutes and everything is working, bluetooth audio and track names. If it helps I'm using an iPhone 4S in a 60 plate Zetec.

Link to update http://www.ford-mobile-connectivity.com/downloadsUpdates

Good Luck!! :D

• Like 1

I am sitting in my car updating as we speak. I'll let you know how it goes in about 20 mins.

10 plate titanium with Sony stereo.

Just to let everyone know Ford have now posted the update for Bluetooth on their Connectivity website. Installed the update just now, takes around 20 minutes and everything is working, bluetooth audio and track names. If it helps I'm using an iPhone 4S in a 60 plate Zetec.

You just beat me to it! Mine seems to have updated and is displaying the track names, just need a decent length drive to ensure it doesn't drop like before (March 11 titanium, sony head unit and iPhone 4S)

Updated - it does take about 20 mins I reckon. Works beautifully! As far as I can see it does the following:

bluetooth - track display, shuffle, more info. control from steering wheel

USB - plays just through USB - you don't need to plug the audio jack in any more. doesn't cut to bluetooth when you switch ignition off and on again.

So far Im totally satisfied - I will try an audio book tomorrow on the way to work to see if it lasts a full chapter without cutting out. I have high hopes.

Happy days!

iPhone 4S Titanium Sony Head unit.

I like the fact you don't need the AUX lead anymore!! Made no sense to me why you couldn't just play everything through the dock connector. All in all a nice little update Ford!!

Many thanks for the above link!! Update worked perfect on my 2010 Sony radio! :D For anybody wondering, a USB hard drive will not work for the update. For some reason it must be a USB stick :unsure:

Also for anybody wondering, the update does the following:

Supports the original Apple USB cable

Playback of music files via the USB stick

Connection stability of iPod/iPhone devices

Connection stability for bluetooth, telephony and bluetooth audio

Compatibility of mobile phones

Display of phone book and call lists

Congratulations to Ford for getting update out and allowing us to install ourselves without paying dealers. Installed mine today. Never got 'Update successful' on display but play information now showing via bluetooth. Only time will tell if its a good update that solves all issues like getting booted off phone calls. Mine made a call last night after it refused to connect and I was kicked off, yet caller received but heard nothing. Had a problem with usb stick as car said no files found. Had to remove files from folder(un-zipped already) and tried again.

A bit sad, but very much looking forward to getting home from work tonight and trying this out.

WHY didn't I bring a USB to work with me today.....

I'm assuming this update works with the older style radio (the one before the Sony)

Yes I don't have a sony radio and this worked fine!!

Just to let everyone know Ford have now posted the update for Bluetooth on their Connectivity website. Installed the update just now, takes around 20 minutes and everything is working, bluetooth audio and track names. If it helps I'm using an iPhone 4S in a 60 plate Zetec.

Great find!

Just updated my 2011 Fiesta Titanium :D

Ill be picking up my 61 plate (built 7/10/11) next week will i need to update you think? Or will i just have to wait and see :P

Hmm, just tried it in mine and couldn't get the update to start. Turned on the radio, plugged the USB in and it flashes up saying no USB files found (or something like that), turned the ignition the one spot and nothing happens :(

The memory stick is a 512mb formatted as FAT. I take it you use the USB slot where the iPod would normally be plugged in. As the YouTube video did show putting it in the side compartment, I'm guessing that's just that model car.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club